🐰 Easter - Custom Ornament Business Kit 🌼 50% Off through March 31, 2024 ×

Hello from Kansas

Terry

Hello all,

I was a member of the WOOD forum that is closing at the end of this month. A number of members there posted that Scroll Saw Village was a forum they would recommend. So..I thought I'd give it a try.

My woodworking interests include the scroll saw. I really enjoy using it. I'm one of four shift supervisors where I work and we rotate shifts every two years. This year was my rotation to the night shift. I've found that I can happily scroll saw all night long on my days off without disturbing the neighbors. 

Another interest is the lathe. Three years ago for my birthday, my wife surprised me by sending me to the Marc Adams School of Woodworking for a 5 day class. I was hooked. I came back bought a lathe and have gone back for another two classes.

Flat work is fun. I've built some furniture for our house and for our daughter. I really enjoy making different kinds of boxes, jewelry boxes etc.

When I'm not in my shop I enjoy reading. This is a lifelong hobby that started when I was in grade school and still continues to this day.

Anyway, I'm glad to become a member and I'm looking forward to sharing, getting new ideas and making friends.

Terry  

Hey Terry, Welcome to the Village! I was one of those that recommended the Village to the Wood forum. I used to post a lot there when they had a scroll saw forum, but that changed a few year ago during one of the forum downgrades.

This is a very friendly site, no prima donnas here! So, come on in and join the fun!

Hello all,

I was a member of the WOOD forum that is closing at the end of this month. A number of members there posted that Scroll Saw Village was a forum they would recommend. So..I thought I'd give it a try.

My woodworking interests include the scroll saw. I really enjoy using it. I'm one of four shift supervisors where I work and we rotate shifts every two years. This year was my rotation to the night shift. I've found that I can happily scroll saw all night long on my days off without disturbing the neighbors. 

Another interest is the lathe. Three years ago for my birthday, my wife surprised me by sending me to the Marc Adams School of Woodworking for a 5 day class. I was hooked. I came back bought a lathe and have gone back for another two classes.

Flat work is fun. I've built some furniture for our house and for our daughter. I really enjoy making different kinds of boxes, jewelry boxes etc.

When I'm not in my shop I enjoy reading. This is a lifelong hobby that started when I was in grade school and still continues to this day.

Anyway, I'm glad to become a member and I'm looking forward to sharing, getting new ideas and making friends.

Terry  

Looks like you fit right in here ,Welcome friend!Keep,coming back!

Hi Terry and welcome to the Village.  I am a newbie around here myself - Like Denny and a couple of others from TN.  Just started learning to use the scroll saw that we have had for years.  Wanted to learn to do Intarsia work.  Hubby is a hobby woodworker.  He does many different types of things.  He is "sharing" his shop with me right now but not sure its going to last!  ;)  He has made furniture and other items primarily but recently took a turning class. Made a few things since. His work schedule keeps him busy so he goes in spurts. Look forward to seeing what you are making.

Edited by meflick

Welcome to our family. We love new members. Feel free to explore all the nooks and crannies, as there are a lot of things to see and do here, from education videos to many free patterns that you are welcome to

Just have fun as you go about your new venture and login often, we would love to get to know you better

Dick

heppnerguy

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello all,

Terry  

I was born in Salina, grad 68 Salina High