🐰 Easter - Custom Ornament Business Kit 🌼 50% Off through March 31, 2024 ×

Another larry s. But from cali.

Bubbala

New to the site, been making marquetry for 45 years always wanted a machine but the hegners were outrageous in price. So i just got a 16" excalibur still setting it up.

.I'm a furniture maker by trade and do marquetry as a hobby, a busmans hobby i guess.i have pics on face book @ hl senen I don't know if they let you post links here, some forums are touchy.

I make keepsake boxes and usually give them away to good customers and as birthday gifts but thought I'd try etsy and see how that went.

Anyway my dealer is a big general tool supplier and it seems general tools is in the process of being sold. So that would a count for the lack of availability of some of the machines . That's the word from him, and if he doesn't know no one does. By for now ,bubbala.

New to the site, been making marquetry for 45 years always wanted a machine but the hegners were outrageous in price. So i just got a 16" excalibur still setting it up.

.I'm a furniture maker by trade and do marquetry as a hobby, a busmans hobby i guess.i have pics on face book @ hl senen I don't know if they let you post links here, some forums are touchy.

I make keepsake boxes and usually give them away to good customers and as birthday gifts but thought I'd try etsy and see how that went.

Anyway my dealer is a big general tool supplier and it seems general tools is in the process of being sold. So that would a count for the lack of availability of some of the machines . That's the word from him, and if he doesn't know no one does. By for now ,bubbala.

I'm doing ok with my scrolling but need to take it yto your level for more money No matter how much you make it's never enough.I've given thousands an thousands away .now it's my time.

Welcome to the Village Larry, it's a pleasure to meet you! Where in California are you? I'm in Moorpark in Ventura Co.

It looks like you have a lot to offer, so come on in and join the fun!

Santa clarita! So moorpark is not too bad.got a full shop so,,, if you need some milling or ? P.M. me. Edited by Bubbala

I like the freestanding white shelves, I don't see any supports except where they go into the wall.  How did you you sturdy them up to where they would hold weight?

The general contractor had steel support brackets welded to the specs we needed and bolted them to the studs then drywalled over and around them.

The shelves themselves are mostly hollow with the brackets supporting the top piece.

Santa clarita! So moorpark is not too bad.got a full shop so,,, if you need some milling or ? P.M. me.

Hi Babela,

I am a cabinet builder myself, since I was 14. I do not scroll - but I really enjoy intarsia. As i get older I can appreciate the weight of the small pieces in comparison to a sheet of plywood. I also found that because of my sanding experience, I can do pretty good at giving it detail.

Your picture is great. Welcome to scroll saw. I am a newbie too.

Welcome to The Village. I have not had a chance to view any of your work but I have to say that I am very interested in doing so. I purchased a box of wood for marquee work but I have not taken the time to give it a try. Perhaps I will get some enthusiasm to give it a try. I hope you find our web sight to be a fun and informative place to hang out.

Dick

heppnerguy

Hi Larry, I'm a member like you and have always been impressed with the beauty of Marquetry. I've watched a few videos on the subject and may have to give it try. When I lived in the Hudson Valley I didn't know there was a company there that did marquetry http://hudsonriverinlay.com. I wish I could have visited their shop before I moved down south.