Newbie from Sheffield, UK

Jamie B

Big hello to all. I'm not only new I jeremy but new to the scrollsaw as well.

Having fun so far, apart.from the snapped blades and fiddly internal cuts! I've made a couple of pieces for family members that were well received. Looking forward to trying a few different projects, two 3d imaged on different faces of a block looks fun! Also with Christmas on the way I can cover the house in home made stuff 😆

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

Like I said this is new to me so don't expect too much...😆 The templates were from the Internet, which I glued down with craft glue! Good job I enjoy sanding work!! I've been using saw blades to allow me to move in all directions. I imagine most people with experience prefer normal blades. Maybe I will move onto those with more experience.

I started carving at the beginning of the year and really enjoy that, which is the initial reason for getting a scroll saw. However after watching various video on YouTube etc I have come to realise that it's a creative tool in its own right.

It's just a shame that the equipment is more costly and not so readily available over here in the UK. But we keep trying and smiling as we do!

post-30087-0-27623800-1474802599_thumb.jpg

post-30087-0-42950700-1474802723_thumb.jpg