Drilling holes in small places.

hawkeye10

I am having trouble drilling small holes. When I drill the hole the paper around the hole is messed up and hides the line I need to cut. Please can you give me your advice. If I haven't explained my problem where you understand it please ask questions. I seem to have problems expressing my thoughts in writing at times. 

I don't think i've had that problem yet.I use spray glues and smooth  them out with my hand.

I am having trouble drilling small holes. When I drill the hole the paper around the hole is messed up and hides the line I need to cut. Please can you give me your advice. If I haven't explained my problem where you understand it please ask questions. I seem to have problems expressing my thoughts in writing at times. 

I have this same problem at times. My floor drill press easily holds 1/16 drill bits but the drill is on it's slowest speed for the torque and for large bits. Too much hassle to change belts so I think I will buy the Dremel and the router attachment. Seems there are several on this site that do this. I have bits to #80 and the Dremel will work with those.

I was going to comment about not letting the chuck touch the paper pattern. I have had that happen a couple of times and that really sucks. I have learned, over time, that I can use a smaller bit than I thought I could and it is helpful to do that because it eliminates the tear out on the bottom of the board and eases the problem of drilling into cut line on very small fret pattern holes

Dick

heppnerguy