So excited for Corian

Casey Jourdan

I've seen other folks cut Corian (the epoxy counter top material) and I've wanted to try but never got around to buying any. Turns out a friend of mine and her husband run a counter top business! He asked if I wanted some scraps so I of course scooped it up. Just cut a quick Steve Good ornament to try it out. I'm in love!  :smitten:  :smitten:

post-28784-0-81617400-1477500877_thumb.jpg

Very nicely done Casey.  One thing about corian is that it can be a pain to finish IF all you are doing is sanding it.  You can sand it up to about 5,000 or 6,000 grit and get a nearly perfectly smooth finish or you can sand to something like 800 grit and use a lacquer and get something that works as well.  Lof the Christmas tree btw.

DW

Very nicely done Casey.  One thing about corian is that it can be a pain to finish IF all you are doing is sanding it.  You can sand it up to about 5,000 or 6,000 grit and get a nearly perfectly smooth finish or you can sand to something like 800 grit and use a lacquer and get something that works as well.  Lof the Christmas tree btw.

DW

Thanks for the heads up. I do a fair amount with regular epoxy resin and it's a pain too. I usually to sand that stuff to about 1200 then lacquer. Gonna try the same.

I've seen other folks cut Corian (the epoxy counter top material) and I've wanted to try but never got around to buying any. Turns out a friend of mine and her husband run a counter top business! He asked if I wanted some scraps so I of course scooped it up. Just cut a quick Steve Good ornament to try it out. I'm in love!  :smitten:  :smitten:

It smells so good cutting,and that's the bad part !I like your cutting!!!

Edited by amazingkevin

I learned a lot from this post and I am going to try to find a place to buy some of it and give it a try. I love posts like this one about something unusual that is cut, either a new idea for a pattern or a material that most do not cut

Dick

heppnerguy

Love hearing this! Hope you find some and enjoy.