Inkscape Question

Sam777

I am not sure if this is the correct place to ask an Inkscape question.

I am trying to get a split letter font to work.

Can the following be done in Inkscape (please see the attached image).

There is a program called "silhouette" which can be used to cut the image of the font I am attaching. So my question is: can this be done in Inkscape?

Thank you all

Sam

post-28446-0-45585400-1483399718_thumb.jpg

Sam, I'm not sure what you are asking. It looks like the letter is already split. Are you trying to create something to cut in fretwork? If so, yes, you can do it in Inkscape but it will take a bit of work. It's really cool font.

No Dan,

you can get this font and similar ones but without the space in the letter. The one I show is already cut with some program. I would like to use Inkscape to CUT the large letter and then put a simple text inside. I know this not simple to cut but I would modify the swirls to a simple shape.

thank you

Sam

Edited by Sam777

I am not sure what exactly you are after but I went to Inkscape and made a quick try of what I think you are looking to do .  this is easily done, if I understand what you are after .

If this is what you are trying to do, I can explain how to achieve this in a couple of quick sentences  At this point I am  not really sure though

Dick

heppnerguy

post-2238-0-44470800-1483405677_thumb.jpg

Ah, yes, I get it now. You can do it easily in Inkscape. If your letter is a font that Inkscape can recognize, and it is installed on your computer, then just type the letter and adjust the size. Next, draw a rectangle the right size to cut the letter and position it where you want it. Then select the rectangle and the letter. Next, use the menu Path and select Difference and the letter should be cut in half. Then just add any additional lines and the word/name you want to add and you are pretty much done. It looks like Dick has given you an example. 

The name of the font is "REGAL". It is all over the place online.

This is what it looks like before cutting.

There are simple and more complex versions of this font.

I just want to type the letter, CUT IT WITH A RECTANGLE and then type inside that rectangle  :)

Thank you Dick and Dan,

post-28446-0-95881000-1483411662_thumb.jpg