🐰 Easter - Custom Ornament Business Kit 🌼 50% Off through March 31, 2024 ×

Dad Cross

keefie

I cut this to order, she wanted a cross with dad in it. I cant remember where I got the pattern the pattern from( I think it might have been our pattern library here) but I altered it from a cut out circle in the middle to DAD in the middle. It's cut from 1/2" thick Corrian (used in kitchen worktops) it is a dark grey marble effect. After cutting I didn't need to sand it at all but I did polish it with "T Cut" car paint colour restorer which gave it a nice sheen without being too highly polished. I hope you like it, as usual all comments and criticisms gratefully received.

Keith. 

post-2867-0-98009800-1484663242_thumb.jpg

Not cut anything from corian before but that looks very nice I have fitted many worktops made from this in my time out of interest what blade did you do the cutting with

I cut it with a No1 Flying Dutchman  "Polar" blade. You have to cut it on a slow speed (about half speed) and let the blade do the cutting. if you try to cut too fast the blade heats up and it melts/welds the corrian behind the blade so you end up cutting it all over again. (which happened to me a few times cutting this lol)

I cut this to order, she wanted a cross with dad in it. I cant remember where I got the pattern the pattern from( I think it might have been our pattern library here) but I altered it from a cut out circle in the middle to DAD in the middle. It's cut from 1/2" thick Corrian (used in kitchen worktops) it is a dark grey marble effect. After cutting I didn't need to sand it at all but I did polish it with "T Cut" car paint colour restorer which gave it a nice sheen without being too highly polished. I hope you like it, as usual all comments and criticisms gratefully received.

Keith. 

attachicon.gifDad Cross edited.jpg

,I love the smell of cutting Corian,although harmful, thru a mask is ok i think!