Newbie from Downey, CA.

rmaker

Good evening. I'm retired and have done some minor scroll sawing on my Craftsman Scroll Saw. I'm currently in the market for an upgrade. I am looking at Dewalt, Delta & Excalibur.  Still not sure which one to get. Any recommendations?

Thank You,

Rod

Pull up a chair, pour yourself a cup of coffee, jump in and make a few friends.

Thanks Bruce but I went ahead and bought a Dewalt DW788 Scroll Saw From Grizzly Industrial. They have a sale for saw, stand & light for $499.00 plus $24.00 shipping. Total $523.00

Have a great day,

Rod

you just found the best scroll saw club around.I never seen a question we could not answer.we love questions.Most of us have been there dine that and will save you hours to get around any problems you may run in to.you did good choosing the Dewalt ,i own 6 and gave away my first one to a friend so that makes 7 .shows you what i think of them.Keep coming back.Lots of things you need to know are talked about daily jump on in as everyones comments are more than welcome and needed.Break the ice soon.Welcome friend!

Just want to say Thank You to all for the welcome, I hope to get my Dewalt in a couple of day and so in the meantime I will use my Craftsman. I may keep the Craftsman and see if I can use sand paper strips to be able to sand those hard to sand areas on my projects.

Thanks again,

Rod

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome to you from Eastern Oregon where the snow has kept us company since November...If you have any questions about anything to do with your saw, blades. glue, finishing or where to get the right wood, just ask. Not everyone here has the same view about most anything, except that we enjoy each other and cherish our new family members here. I hope to see you often here and some of your work too. don't feel like you might be embarrassed to show your stuff because we all started from our first piece too. take time to explore every place you see here. Just enjoy yourself

Dick

heppnerguy

I just want to thank everyone for the nice welcome and as soon as I finish my projects I will post some pictures. I did get my saw and I placed it on a Husky rolling tool cabinet and it works great. I'm now trying to work with some wood dyes to get different results. Have a great day and stay dry.