Love Humming Birds

Dave Monk

There you go again, Dave. Not only are you an excellent cutter but also great with patterns. As I struggle trying to figure pattern making out, you knock them out with ease. it just goes to prove that some people are artist like you and others are 'crafter want a be's' like me..Wonderful work as always..

Dick

heppnerguy

There you go again, Dave. Not only are you an excellent cutter but also great with patterns. As I struggle trying to figure pattern making out, you knock them out with ease. it just goes to prove that some people are artist like you and others are 'crafter want a be's' like me..Wonderful work as always..

Dick

heppnerguy

Dick, Notice that I don't show my patterns. I don't take the time that all you guys do making sure there are no islands etc. I do that while I am cutting.  I am always willing to share my patterns but they are not professional enough to post. I am far from an artist. To me the real artist can draw something from nothing. ........The main thing Dick is that we are having fun .dave

Dick, Notice that I don't show my patterns. I don't take the time that all you guys do making sure there are no islands etc. I do that while I am cutting.  I am always willing to share my patterns but they are not professional enough to post. I am far from an artist. To me the real artist can draw something from nothing. ........The main thing Dick is that we are having fun .dave

Well, I consider you an artist. I understand your thoughts about drawing things from nothing but you just have an artistic eye and talent to achieve really great pieces. So that is indeed art no matter how you look at it. You are amazing.

Dick

heppnerguy

With the Christmas season over I have taken the time to do projects that are special to me. Feeding and watching hummingbirds are treasured pastimes for Julie and me living our summers in central Illinois.

Laura Sofer of MyHummingbirdHeaven is a fantastic photographer who was kind enough to allow me to make a patterns of one of her pictures.

The light colored one is maple and the other is oak. Can you see the difference in the Maple on? A piece of the veneer chipped off so I had to cut out a bit extra. dave

Never ever have i seen one person do such accurate cutting as you.Your inlays mesmerize my mind trying to see how in the world does he get these so immaculate .Your truly a gifted wood worker, Bless you!

My wife is a humming bird nut. She has even had them feed out of her hand. I'm afraid to show her this work because I know she would want one and I know I could not match your detail for all the fine holes and beauty of this piece. Amazing!

Bernd, It is sure worth a try. I bet you could do it. It just takes a little time and a #3 spiral blade.

"making patterns with lots of holes", that is certainly part of it, but I have cut with lots of holes, but my goodness, look how small those holes are!    :thumbs: :thumbs:  Russ

Russ,  I used a "1/32 drill bit and a FD #3 spiral blade. dave

"making patterns with lots of holes", that is certainly part of it, but I have cut with lots of holes, but my goodness, look how small those holes are!    :thumbs: :thumbs:  Russ