First Request

blights69

Had my first request to make someone something and after only being at it for around 9 weeks I did wonder shall I shall I not but I have given it a go hope she likes it. If she does I then have the issue of having to price it ?? Was thinking of working out total materials cost and then add what I am happy with for the time it took I guess.  :?:

post-30583-0-66590000-1485017635_thumb.jpg

That came out very nice...price is a toughie.

Around 20 dollar range I would say.where I sell I would

have to shake them to get 20 out of them..

That is just one of the flaws of selling our wares.

But where they requested it,I am certain they will give you

what you ask...it is a lovely piece with a nice looking frame.

Had my first request to make someone something and after only being at it for around 9 weeks I did wonder shall I shall I not but I have given it a go hope she likes it. If she does I then have the issue of having to price it ?? Was thinking of working out total materials cost and then add what I am happy with for the time it took I guess.  :?:

What's not to like about this one.Perfect cut ,custom frame, hand delivered unbeatable combo.Take the money!

A really fun piece. It looks good and it is fun just to look at. Beings you are new to scrolling the time it takes for you to cut and finish this will be shorter as you do more and more projects, so basing your price on time spent from the beginning will mean you will be constantly charging less as you become faster with cutting and finishing for the same piece. I would take the advice of the $20-$25 and know that prices people like and agree with is the price base that will sell you more and more pieces in the future. If, however a person asks you to make something and you name a price the customer thinks is too high, they will either go ahead and purchase it from you at the time but they may feel it is on the high side and hence not come you in the future because they have in their mind that you are just higher than they might want to be spending for gifts. If the customer is happy with your prices they will tell others about you and your goods. Just my take on it. It does not mean it is the correct advice, just my opinion.

Dick

heppnerguy

Thanks for all the comments It helps me out loads to make the right decisions as I go along learning more and more . I took up scrolling around 9 weeks ago to have a past time rather than to make a living but to have people asking for pieces is a good sign I must be doing something right but this does come with the problems of pricing etc for which this site and you guys have as usual come up trumps thanks again.