Another Newbie

stevan

Hi Gang and Greetings from Lexington, KY.  Heart of the Bluegrass, Keeneland and of course, the University of Kentucky.

I attended the Woodworking Show in Columbus this weekend and now I'm all fired up to learn to scroll.  I have a very old Delta Type 1 SS200 with a tool release blade holder and the only thing I have ever used it for was to do tight cuts for other woodworking projects.  So I'm practicing my cuts and trying to do little/simple projects (flat Christmas ornaments come to mind).

I hope to upgrade to something "slicker" in the near future so I am looking\reading\researching about everything I can and I have just about worn out youtube watching scroll saw videos.  Sometimes I even watch on my iPad while my wife is watching television.  I, of course, have to use ear buds. :D

This seems to be a great place to belong to and I hope to participate here more than I do on most other message boards and forums.

Thanks for letting me join and for thanks for reading.

Stevan (Same pronunciation as Steven.  My mother had some pretty unique ideas)

Hi Gang and Greetings from Lexington, KY.  Heart of the Bluegrass, Keeneland and of course, the University of Kentucky.

I attended the Woodworking Show in Columbus this weekend and now I'm all fired up to learn to scroll.  I have a very old Delta Type 1 SS200 with a tool release blade holder and the only thing I have ever used it for was to do tight cuts for other woodworking projects.  So I'm practicing my cuts and trying to do little/simple projects (flat Christmas ornaments come to mind).

I hope to upgrade to something "slicker" in the near future so I am looking\reading\researching about everything I can and I have just about worn out youtube watching scroll saw videos.  Sometimes I even watch on my iPad while my wife is watching television.  I, of course, have to use ear buds. :D

This seems to be a great place to belong to and I hope to participate here more than I do on most other message boards and forums.

Thanks for letting me join and for thanks for reading.

Stevan (Same pronunciation as Steven.  My mother had some pretty unique ideas)

you'll find the village everything your hearts desire.Lots of ideas,laughter friends and all the help you need.click on all you can find here to find your way around and back again.you can go back in time all the way to the beginnings of scroll saw village by clicking on the pg.# at the bottom of each page.happy hunting and welcome my friend

Stevan,

I too wish to welcome you to the Village. If you are looking for a saw and have made a decision on the one or two you prefer, I would suggest that you check out craigslist, as there is often some great deals of scroll saws there. You do need to be a little careful buying used but perhaps if you do see something you like there, you might post the link and see how others would advice about the saw itself, the asking price and things you might do if you go to look at it...

Blades are extremely important to get the results you will be trying to achieve. don't but big box store blades.. instead ask here and you will be directed to soem proper sources for them

Dick

heppnerguy