GEARED THINGS - PROGRESS REPORTS,,,hopefully

Scrappile

Received my plans yesterday for the Ascent clock from wooden-gear-clocks.com. Very nice blueprints to work with. The instructions are very well written. I'm excited to get going. However, I have three or four projects that I am currently working on that I should finish.

Great news.  I hope you will give us updates as you proceed.

O.K Heres an update I started cutting the parts out for the 'Creepy Bot" last Saturday, I worked some yesterday and some more today and I have finally got all the parts for this one cut. I now need to do some sanding to get rid of the fuzzies and a couple of places need cleaning up. Next thing I need to do is make a trip to my hardware store for the necessary rods screws,and tubes that I will need to assemble it I got the motor pretty quickly form amazon like in three days. So now all I need is luck and patitence

Karl

My update, I just started today.  I'm doing the CB Walking Bot first.  I have the plans for some of the parts glued to 1/4 BB, most of the holes for those parts drilled.  Now I need to go to the store and get some 3/8" BB and some new drill bits, and start collect some screws, rod and tubes.  Motors on order.  But at least I got started!!

post-22608-0-58295900-1488242046_thumb.jpg

Edited by Scrappile

Well this evening I finished cutting all the parts out for my first robot.  The little gears took some time and my fingers are really sore from holding onto them as I cut.  They are just a little bigger than a quarter.  Fun, fun, fun.  Now I have to sand everything and start trying to find the hardware I need.  My motors arrived in the mail today, I have not gone to pick them up yet.

robot%20cut%20out.jpg