dremel

Docupton

I would be surprised if you were able to find any router bits for the Dremel, that have a larger profile.  Generally speaking, the Dremel is underpowered for routing operations, so I suspect the bits are small, by design.  Also the cullet limits you to the size shaft that can be used, which will also limit the size of the bit.  A large profile on a small shank would be asking for trouble. 

For the type of work you describe, a palm router or laminate trimmer would be a better size.  They accept standard 1/4" shank bits, which make available to you a much wider selection of profiles. 

I now have a Dremel router table because i thought some of my work would look better with rounded edges, but the roundover bit is quite small and although i have searched i cannot find a bit with a larger roundover cut, can anyone tell me if such a larger bit exists and where i might get one, thank you

Try Amazon Doc, loads of them on there. Prices from dirt cheap to ridiculously expensive. Hope this helps Doc.

Rob Roy.

I now have a Dremel router table because i thought some of my work would look better with rounded edges, but the roundover bit is quite small and although i have searched i cannot find a bit with a larger roundover cut, can anyone tell me if such a larger bit exists and where i might get one, thank you

I bought a 4 bit router Dremil box from the big box store .I'm sure there was a round over bit included .

As stated above the Dremel is under powered for any routing above the bits that they sell. The only time I have used the Dremel as a router is for routing the inside edges of wooden clock gears. For anything larger I have a Bosch Colt trim router (love it) and for really heavy duty a Freud router mounted under my table 1/2 in shank bits.

Edited by Rolf

Does not exist. Anything larger than the 1/8" roundover bit for a dremel will snap. It can not handle the sideward pressure. Go to a small palm router such as the colt. great router.  Plus you may want to use other profiles for a base or a box and things. Much more bits to choose from and a whole lot safer. Lets be smart out there.