Simple Steve Good vase.....First time working with Cherry...

Scrolling Steve

This little vase is holding our first Daffodil to bloom !......I had asked you fine folks for tips in finishing Cherry since it was my first time working with it and got many helpful hints....I took the scraps left from the project to see which i liked best .....This is 1/4 Cerry with white pine in the middle, finished with a 50/50 Blo-MS mix.

I really like the way it enhanced the grain....Thanks for looking !          PS. forgot to mention it does have test tube in center to hold the water !

post-23573-0-39589100-1487426689_thumb.jpg

post-23573-0-20487800-1487426722_thumb.jpg

Edited by Scrolling Steve

Good one Steve.  I love working with Cherry and have never been disappointed in the look.  I'm a little surprised, being the scroller that you are, that you didn't scroll a little flower or something in the front piece of the vase.  Looks nice and shows some beautiful grain. 

I thought about it Paul, but since it was my firt attempt I thought I would play it safe.....Maybe next time !

This little vase is holding our first Daffodil to bloom !......I had asked you fine folks for tips in finishing Cherry since it was my first time working with it and got many helpful hints....I took the scraps left from the project to see which i liked best .....This is 1/4 Cerry with white pine in the middle, finished with a 50/50 Blo-MS mix.

I really like the way it enhanced the grain....Thanks for looking !          PS. forgot to mention it does have test tube in center to hold the water !

Your projects are always top shelve! Keep them coming friend!