🐰 Easter - Custom Ornament Business Kit 🌼 50% Off through March 31, 2024 ×

Roll Tide

jibjabjake

Hi everyone. I am just a month into scrolling. So fresh that I've only made three projects. I have many patterns waiting to start. Glad to see a great community of people. I have been stalking the forums for a few months before I made the decision to get a saw. I got a harbor freight saw with a Pozgai blade attachment added. I am currently using Olson blades. I have been quiet happy with the reverse tooth blades.  I need way more practice to get the hand of spiral blades I have found. I did recently discover I was trying to rush things and pushing the wood too hard. I find scrolling very relaxing so far.  Here's a picture of a project I did for my kids.  Those zig zags were tougher than they looked to this newbie. 

post-30871-0-21208000-1487855256_thumb.jpg

Edited by jibjabjake

Welcome from another new member of this group in North Dakota

Scroll is my escape from day to day stuff.... crank up the tunes and make some sawdust ....

One of these days I have to go into sanding and staining mode on some clock projects ..... then into assembly mode

Edited by The Scroll Troll

Hi everyone. I am just a month into scrolling. So fresh that I've only made three projects. I have many patterns waiting to start. Glad to see a great community of people. I have been stalking the forums for a few months before I made the decision to get a saw. I got a harbor freight saw with a Pozgai blade attachment added. I am currently using Olson blades. I have been quiet happy with the reverse tooth blades.  I need way more practice to get the hand of spiral blades I have found. I did recently discover I was trying to rush things and pushing the wood too hard. I find scrolling very relaxing so far.  Here's a picture of a project I did for my kids.  Those zig zags were tougher than they looked to this newbie. 

Welcome Friend,I couldn't and my friend couldn't do anything with a harbor frieght saw.that shows me your a born scroller.Oh and you tryed the infamous spirals! be one of the brave and few that can master them.Once you learn they are a piece of cake to use.just go 4 times slower and it will work its self out.keep the blade extra tight too.glad to have you keep coming back! lots of great people here and more fun than a barrel of monkeys!

Well, in spite of your topic header  ;)  :o  :lol:  I still opened it and wanted to welcome you the Village. As you have found from your stalking of the forums, lots of great people and information to be found and shared here.  Looks like you are well on your way to becoming hooked on working with the scroll saw.  I look forward to seeing what other projects you share.  Just, please - no elephants!  ;) (You might like the Intarsia one in my gallery files though.)

I am always happy to find new scrollers that have decided to come on board in our world wide family.. you should feel very welcomed here. Remember we all started with our first piece and I hope you keep your first one because as time goes by, you can look back and chuckle to yourself about how you were struggling to get those zig zag's cut. pretty soon they will be so easy to do, you won't believe it. It is kind of like learning to drive a car and at first every curve was a little challenging and took all your concentration just to get around them smoothly, then after a little bit of experience you never had to give those curves a second thought. same with zig zags. 

Dick

heppnerguy