Old English Jewellery Box

JohnRB

Thank you for all your nice comments, I really enjoyed making this as I like intricate fretwork. I am just finishing a Mini Gargoyle Grandmother Clock from a pattern by Dan Wilckens, that too is quite intricate.

Russell - It is 15in wide x 12.3in high x 6.8in deep, I am not sure how many hours it took as I tend to do a bit leave it a few days, then do a bit more, probably about 20 hours with the finishing.

Very beautiful and I certain hope you will join in here infrequently and show more of your work.  I have completed cutting the "Five Dragon Box" from Fine scrollsaw but have a lot of sanding yet to do on it.  I also have the plans for several of his other boxes.  The gentleman that has the site is great to do business with.

The reason I have so much sanding to do is I use a 3/0 spiral blade to cut it.  Spirals do not leave as clean of a cut as flat blades.  So I need to sand all the fretwork to get rid of the little "teeth" marks.  I cut it out over a year ago and I take the pieces with me when I go camping and sand...... sand....  I would just do it over but I used some very nice wood to make it and I cannot waste it.  I will complete it some day if I live long enough! :huh:

Here is what it looks like so far.  It is not glued or anything I just put it together to fit it

post-22608-0-77849400-1488035483_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Scrappile

Hi

I don't post very often, but just tend to look at other peoples work as I had a bad experience on a UK forum last time I posted some of my work.
I really enjoyed doing this Jewellery Box, it was a fantastic pattern from FineScrollSaw.com.

Cheers

John

Well now ,New blood in town! Right off the bat your wowing us to pieces with your unique projects that barely make it in the average scroll saw. Very impressive and quite the conversation piece anywhere it's displayed. Your setting new standards and achievements here quick,Thanks for joining ,Keep coming back ,Daily if possible .Somethings News always coming in the door.