New SSWC

rdatelle

Hi everyone, Did anyone get the new SSWC catalog . There a ton of great patterns in this one. Theirs 52 of them. I might have to make a few of them.

You referenced a "catalog". I subscribe to SSWC magazine. I haven't rec'd the latest issue. Is there a catalog that I'm missing out on?

Also a long time subscriber to SSWC.  They have a tough job of trying to please their subscribers who have a very diverse range of tastes and preferences.  They will swing back & forth, featuring different styles of scrolling that in a given issue may or may not appeal to everyone.  I've gotten several issues over the years that contain few or no patterns that really appeal to me, but I still feel my subscription is worthwhile.  Sometimes I go back through old issues and find patterns to cut that I initially wasn't interested in.  There is also other content in the magazine that I enjoy reading, so I don't base the value of the magazine solely on the number of patterns I cut.

Well said Bill. My wife and I go back through the issues periodically and comment "how did we miss this one" especially the Christmas related items.

The magazine tries to provide content that appeals to beginners and still challenge experienced scrollers. And then then there is the constant not enough fretwork too much intarsia and vice versa. And of course the puzzle lovers want more of that.

Not an easy job that the editors have. 

Being a test cutter for SSWWC I have done lots of projects that would not normally appealed to me. But once cut I loved them. My first clock was like that, and now I have done three and will do more. 

Edited by Rolf

Yes.

Camel

Flamingo

Kangaroo

Multiple cats

Mustang (Horse not car)

Iguana

Chinese Dragon

Juggling clown

and I think that is it.

My new issue arrived today. It is issue #67 which is Summer 2017. I am not seeing the puzzles you are referring to. Based on what was published on the other scrollsaw forum the magazines were not even mailed out when you posted this. You must be referring to something else.

Late edit. I figured out the disconnect. What stevan was describing was SSWC issue #66 Spring 2017. When you subscribe you get issues 4 - 6 weeks or even more before they appear in the stores. Since I subscribe and have been a subscriber many years I rec'd the issue stevan referred to back on January 12th.

Edited by NC Scroller

Still waiting!

I don't understand the USPS delivery system.

Ralph got his issue a week ago; I haven't received mine!

We both get our mail routed through the USPS facility on Boggs Rd in Gwinnett County, GA.

Does that mean my local post office in Jasper, GA is holding the magazine until they feel like sending it on?

I like to think the publisher sends all copies to a given area in bulk to save $$. Then it is up to the USPS to deliver.

bb