A clock made while working on the Ascent clock

Gonzo

A while back a few of the crowd made this clock, designed by Steve Goode. So I took a break from the Ascent clock that I'm making to make this. It is a wedding present for a niece who is getting married. Alder and walnut are the wood. Finished with a few coats of Danish oil topped with spray shellac. I seem to like that finish combo. Not a fan of the Alder, it splinters to easily.

One other thing I would do if I made it again (which I will) is to mitre the pieces.

I do like this piece,. It's beautiful, in a very simple sort of way. If I may say so. It's one of my favorites. Thanks for looking.

PS I still don't know how to make picture be upright.

post-22569-0-00359600-1490319498_thumb.jpeg

I usually change the orientation of the picture on my computer from portrait to landscape and save.  Then I change the orientation back to portrait and save again.  That usually takes care of the problem and it shows up as upright in the forum.  post-28761-0-56249300-1490320481_thumb.jpeg

Thank you all very much.

To JTTHECLOCKMAN. I am using an iPad. Yes, I agree it's very annoying when that happens. What I don't understand is that the orientation is correct in my photo album, but when I attach it to my post, that is when it gets unorientated. (How's that for a new word)(big smile).

Thanks again everyone for the nice comments. Have a great day

Looks great. How is the Ascent project going?

I would love to get in some saw time but I am in the middle of gutting and renovating a bedroom, down to the framing. Windows, electrics, insulation, new sub floor, sheetrock etc.

Edited by Rolf

A while back a few of the crowd made this clock, designed by Steve Goode. So I took a break from the Ascent clock that I'm making to make this. It is a wedding present for a niece who is getting married. Alder and walnut are the wood. Finished with a few coats of Danish oil topped with spray shellac. I seem to like that finish combo. Not a fan of the Alder, it splinters to easily.

One other thing I would do if I made it again (which I will) is to mitre the pieces.

I do like this piece,. It's beautiful, in a very simple sort of way. If I may say so. It's one of my favorites. Thanks for looking.

I envy you doing a clock of this magnitude!