🐰 Easter - Custom Ornament Business Kit 🌼 50% Off through March 31, 2024 ×

Cooler Chest like Dan's

rdatelle

Well I finally found some free plans on the DIY website and decided to try and make this for my son's new deck. I was a little Leary trying to make this but I said what the heck, If I don't try I'll never know If I could've made it. I still have to put the Yankee bottle cap opener on the front which hasn't come in yet plus a Yankee sign for the front. They should be in Monday i hope. This is made out of cedar. It took 7 - 2x4's and 10 cedar fence pickets. I added a shelf  to the bottom of mine. I used a pocket hole jig which really made it strong and you don't see any screws.I gave it 3 coats of spar urethane. Hope you like it. Comments welcome. I'll put another picture when I get the sign and opener on it.

post-25995-0-97231900-1490386376_thumb.jpg

post-25995-0-67640500-1490386401_thumb.jpg

post-25995-0-58924100-1490386437_thumb.jpg

post-25995-0-65960100-1490386458_thumb.jpg

Well I finally found some free plans on the DIY website and decided to try and make this for my son's new deck. I was a little Leary trying to make this but I said what the heck, If I don't try I'll never know If I could've made it. I still have to put the Yankee bottle cap opener on the front which hasn't come in yet plus a Yankee sign for the front. They should be in Monday i hope. This is made out of cedar. It took 7 - 2x4's and 10 cedar fence pickets. I added a shelf  to the bottom of mine. I used a pocket hole jig which really made it strong and you don't see any screws.I gave it 3 coats of spar urethane. Hope you like it. Comments welcome. I'll put another picture when I get the sign and opener on it.

Excellent job ,Give me a reason to drink!

Wow......that is a home run!! Looks great!!  Thanks for sharing.

• 1 month later...

@rdatelle Ralph - excellent work - I am sure your son loved getting it for his new deck.  Can you point to the site where you found the DIY plans for the one you made?  Son got home from college today and thought I might see if he wants to try to build one while he is home.  Thanks for showing yours and help in finding the plans.  I really have liked these ever since Dan had shown his.

Edited by meflick