🐰 Easter - Custom Ornament Business Kit 🌼 50% Off through March 31, 2024 ×

More Clocks

munzieb

More clocks again. Wife handed me this picture, make this! OK so I made 2, There is more table saw work than scroll saw. Only did the clock cut out of 3/4 popular with the scroll saw. Getting the pattern of the trim molding to line up and cutting the 45 degree cuts was more complicated. Determined the size of the box by the layout of the trim. Couldn't understand why the tops of the trim stood away from the box. Found out that for some reason they don't make the base at true 90 degree?? Had to put the pieces on the belt sander to make everything square and that pulled the tops back in. Needless to say, she made me work so she had to contribute to the project. More of her great painting.

post-30052-0-66019300-1490477346_thumb.jpg

post-30052-0-84514400-1490477373_thumb.jpg

post-30052-0-02490300-1490477397_thumb.jpg

post-30052-0-52699300-1490477413_thumb.jpg

Edited by munzieb

Hey Scrappile, I picked up that carving on Aisle 50, Bay 2 at my local Lowes. LOL! My wife uses a painting technique call " One Stroke" by Donna Dewberry. More info on the web. Thanks again for the compliments.

Well there you go, I picked up the ornamental trim for my hand crank organ at aisle 6, Home Depot...

More clocks again. Wife handed me this picture, make this! OK so I made 2, There is more table saw work than scroll saw. Only did the clock cut out of 3/4 popular with the scroll saw. Getting the pattern of the trim molding to line up and cutting the 45 degree cuts was more complicated. Determined the size of the box by the layout of the trim. Couldn't understand why the tops of the trim stood away from the box. Found out that for some reason they don't make the base at true 90 degree?? Had to put the pieces on the belt sander to make everything square and that pulled the tops back in. Needless to say, she made me work so she had to contribute to the project. More of her great painting.

Heirloom quality! These will be sought after  years down the road!