Can I make a pattern bigger in ink scape

DukeNukem

Here's a tutorial on printing oversized patterns. Just make it as big as you want, then use this technique to break your pattern up into multiple sheets. http://www.scrollsawvillage.com/articles.html/_/pattern-making/inkscape/printing-oversized-patterns-r21

Okay I can only hope this isn't you doing this tutorial cause I couldn't watch it was so boring I had to stop watching I'm sorry.

Edited by DukeNukem

I have watched all of Travis's tutorials several time. I have such a desire to learn all I can. I don't find them boring at all. I am totally thankful for all of his efforts. dave

Don't get me wrong it's not that I don't appreciate what he does its just for me it's easier to do hands on Watching is just to hard for me lol. Jerry

Edited by DukeNukem

Okay I can only hope this isn't you doing this tutorial cause I couldn't watch it was so boring I had to stop watching I'm sorry.

It's OK.  People learn in different ways.  I personally like being shown, which is why I gravitate to video.  I know a lot of folks found it extremely useful.  You only need a couple steps to do what you're looking for:  Trace Bitmap, then scale.  If you can stomach the video, watch at 2:47-6:07, which is only a tish over 3 minutes.  Everything else is about how to print and align your pattern.

I hope you find the answer you're looking for.

I do better hands on and being shown. I found opening inkscape on one side or in one screen then the tutorial in the other side or another screen. I watch a couple steps then got to my inkscape that is open and do it also. After many times doing this I did get a better grasp of what I was doing. Not necessarily real good at it but good enough to get started.