🐰 Easter - Custom Ornament Business Kit 🌼 50% Off through March 31, 2024 ×

And Then There Were Three

Scrappile

Finished up the last bot today.  I had problems with this one, and neither I not Clayton the designer could really figure out the problem.  The solution was add weight to the front of it, so I did and Theo's Walking Bot is now walking with only a very slight limp. 

I really enjoyed build these, and would highly recommend them to people into making things like this.  Another phase of the scroll saw.  Now I am ready and going to start a wooden gear clock soon.  It will be a slow build, good weather is here and I really need to do outside stuff,,, so my wife says...

I give you "Theo's Walking Bot"

Bot%203%20Theo.jpg

Paul, You sure have been busy on those crazy things. How tough are they to build and how long do they take. dave

Dave, they are a little challenging but very doable and very very fun.  KarlS, is building them also and we have been messaging back and forth helping and supporting each other which makes it even more fun.  I found cutting the parts, including the gears, much easier than I anticipated.  Assembley was where the challenge came in for me.  The linkage has to be right and it can get a little confusing.  I found looking at pictures was easier than reading the instructions, but that is me.  They would be a breeze for you I am sure.   I"d guess I have around 20 hours each, but I work slow.  I probably have around $20 in material in each, most expensive item is the little motor which is a little under $12 through Amazon.  I certainly enjoyed it all and feel ready to take on a wooden gear clock now.

Finished up the last bot today.  I had problems with this one, and neither I not Clayton the designer could really figure out the problem.  The solution was add weight to the front of it, so I did and Theo's Walking Bot is now walking with only a very slight limp. 

I really enjoyed build these, and would highly recommend them to people into making things like this.  Another phase of the scroll saw.  Now I am ready and going to start a wooden gear clock soon.  It will be a slow build, good weather is here and I really need to do outside stuff,,, so my wife says...

I give you "Theo's Walking Bot"

Bot%203%20Theo.jpg

Don't wear it out yet,lol

Dave, they are a little challenging but very doable and very very fun.  KarlS, is building them also and we have been messaging back and forth helping and supporting each other which makes it even more fun.  I found cutting the parts, including the gears, much easier than I anticipated.  Assembley was where the challenge came in for me.  The linkage has to be right and it can get a little confusing.  I found looking at pictures was easier than reading the instructions, but that is me.  They would be a breeze for you I am sure.   I"d guess I have around 20 hours each, but I work slow.  I probably have around $20 in material in each, most expensive item is the little motor which is a little under $12 through Amazon.  I certainly enjoyed it all and feel ready to take on a wooden gear clock now.

I knew you would be into wooden gear clocks after mastering these guys. I am excited to see you do your clock and get it working 

Dick

heppnerguy