Table I Made Is Done

smitty0312

Polyurethane really makes a piece pop......just finished this little table this morning that I made 2 days ago......sides were cut with my scroll saw.......I first made a template......traced out on a 1x12 piece of pine and cut.....these are 22" tall........stained it red mahogany.......put 2 coats of polyurethane on it sanding in between coats w/220 grit.....this will have a flag in a case displayed on it with a 8x10 picture on shelf underneath..........I am very pleased with the finished product and may inspire me to do something else furniture wise.....comments all welcome.....Thank You.

post-1428-0-42340100-1490893534_thumb.jpg

post-1428-0-99456000-1490893541_thumb.jpg

post-1428-0-44321600-1490893560_thumb.jpg

Polyurethane really makes a piece pop......just finished this little table this morning that I made 2 days ago......sides were cut with my scroll saw.......I first made a template......traced out on a 1x12 piece of pine and cut.....these are 22" tall........stained it red mahogany.......put 2 coats of polyurethane on it sanding in between coats w/220 grit.....this will have a flag in a case displayed on it with a 8x10 picture on shelf underneath..........I am very pleased with the finished product and may inspire me to do something else furniture wise.....comments all welcome.....Thank You.

Smitty ,You've out done your self .What a beauty!

At a boy, Dan, I know right away you had this one under control. Glad for you that you chose to push the envelop. Now I hope we don't loose you to a furniture making sight, Just remember you are a valuable member here and we all want to not go away.. Your table came out wonderfully. love the nice finish you achieved.

Dick

heppnerguy

At a boy, Dan, I know right away you had this one under control. Glad for you that you chose to push the envelop. Now I hope we don't loose you to a furniture making sight, Just remember you are a valuable member here and we all want to not go away.. Your table came out wonderfully. love the nice finish you achieved.

Dick

heppnerguy

I'm not going anywhere Dick.......