Delta Question

Birchbark

I bought a Delta 15" model 40-150 at a garage sale.  I paid $5.00 for it.  As you can see in the photo it needs some parts.  I know it isn't a high end saw, but did i get a good deal or bad deal.  What parts do i need, can anyone tell me?  I don't know what it is supposed to look like when its all together.  lol.

Russell

post-2009-0-61499500-1398194984_thumb.jpg

Looks like you'll need the clamps for the pinless  blades and you will need a hose for the blower. You can use the kind of hoses that hooks to a fish pump. I did that on my Shop Fox. I can't tell you what other parts that might be needed unless we can see the rest of the saw. And of course you'll need blades. This saw looks like it will take the 5" blades. I would have some one look at it that knows more about parts and the like to see if this saw is worth keeping. You might be lucky and have a back up saw once you can get some parts for it. If you use the pin end blades you might be fine. The hook is there on the upper arm to hook a pin end blade to it. Can't see the bottom arm where the blade goes to. Have a great day   Fay

I cant help you out with what you need but I know Delta parts are hard to come by right now. Delta has been bought and sold a couple of times over the years and they are apparently having a hard time with this last transition. Once you figure out what you need, you may have better luck getting parts from Ebay or another source rather than through Delta directly.

On page 19 of that manual is a list of authorized service stations for the delta saws. You should be able to get the blade clamps and the top screw for that saw thru one of them.

If you can't get the delta parts the Hegner blade clamps might just fit on there but they don't have the wings to hold them on center as pictured in the manual. Other than that they look very similar

Wow thank you all for all the good information.  And thanks for the Owners Manual.  That helped a bunch.  I have it all figured out now.  I see what is needed.  I hope i can round up the parts.

Thanks again folks

Russell

Russel can you let me know if you manage to find a upper blade clamp please, I need one for out old Delta.  Thanks

Marg