From Scroll Saw Wiki
The CW40 is a 16" variable scroll saw manufactured by Hitachi, Ltd.. It is currently the only scroll saw produced by Hitachi. Unlike many other manufacturers, the CW40 includes a scroll saw stand. The CW40's MSRP is $169.99 which makes it a viable entry-level option for many scrollers.
- 1/4 HP induction motor
- Dust port for a shop vacuum connection
- Cast iron table bevels 45 degrees right and left
- Front mounted micro-adjustment knob to dial into the precise angle
- Large bevel scale make for easier reading
- Accepts pin end of plain end blade types
- Variable speed ranging from 400-1,600 spm
- Die-cast aluminum frame with cast iron base reduces vibration and adds stability for cutting fine pieces
- Dust blower to remove debris from the work surface
- Flexible job light
- Amps: 1.6
- No-Load Speed: 400-1,600 spm
- Blade Type: Pin End or Plain End
- Depth of Throat: 16"
- Blade Stroke: 11/16"
- Depth of cut at 45 Degrees: 1-1/16" Left; 3/4" Right
- Depth of cut at 90 Degrees: 2-1/8"
- Table Tilt: 45 Degrees L & R
- Table material: Cast Aluminum
- Base material: Cast iron
- Weight: 46.4 lbs