1st portrait

Tmmckinley

So here are my First attempts at Portraits of the Kids. I used a specific Phone App to help the process but didn't want to mention without permission from our MOD.

Working on use of the Spiral blades, I like to think I am getting the hang of using them. Using 3/8 Birch for the primary cut and 1/8 Birch backer.

I can say that since showing a few people at work what i have been doing it looks like I am working on Portraits for the next couple months.

so included is the original Picture > picture after Phone App modification > finished product (still need to stain and sand some more)

A couple of things I would like from the group please. Any modicications that may raise the appeal, what the heck should I charge, the current finished is about 5x7 and people are jumping on $40post-22784-0-47394200-1403109748_thumb.jpgpost-22784-0-06255600-1403109750_thumb.jpgpost-22784-0-88726200-1403109751_thumb.jpgpost-22784-0-68525700-1403109754_thumb.jpgpost-22784-0-77258100-1403109758_thumb.jpg

Thomas I would use a clear lacquer on the portrait myself and use a black background but if you use a different colour then everything will show that colour you'll have to try it with some coloured card and see what it looks like.

In some cases I've used different colours cards for different parts eyes lips etc just experiment as what might be good for me might be rubbish for you. lol have fun. Roly

They look great.

If you have any options with your phone app, you can try to adjust for darker, lighter, more contrast, and

other similar settings to see if you can bring out more detail. It's just a learning curve to see what you can

actually do with the graphics editor you use.

Sounds like you are in a good area to get a good price for your work! Congratulations!

Thanks for sharing and God Bless! Spirithorse

For your 1st time.Fantastic! You have been given some Great advice here.I use black backer boards.Golden oak stain.Sometimes I get a burn effect.I may be the way I sand it,with the grain.Your off to a Great start.Looking forward to seeing more of your work.As for pricing?That to me is up to what people are willing to pay.you will have to feel the market.$40 Is Great for your Portraits. :)