I made some Mods...

badpappy

Hello all,

I have been working on some modifications to the sanding belt in the jewelers saw.  I believe it is the answer.  I saw some old fishing swivels near my work bench, and...................

That belt is 3/8" wide and is 5" long before gluing.DSCN0381.thumb.JPG.79cf59d3ffe52f743f270285093a57ad.JPGDSCN0381.thumb.JPG.79cf59d3ffe52f743f270285093a57ad.JPG

If anyone is going to try this use fresh Super Glue.  The first few I made, I used old Super Glue.  Don't do that, it takes forever for the glue to dry.

Merry Christmas Everyone...

DSCN0378.JPG

DSCN0380.JPG

DSCN0379.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/23/2017 at 4:18 PM, merlin said:

Hey neat idea............Must try in the New Year..........

Merry Christmas to you and yours.................Merlin..................

Thank You.....I know it's been awhile, been busy.  Belated Merry Christmas to you and yours, and Happy New Year!

bp

Edited by badpappy
added words

On 12/24/2017 at 3:16 PM, octoolguy said:

I'm wondering if the eyelets of the swivels were large enough, to put the blade clamp screws found on most scroll saws, through the eyelets and be able to use the sanding strips on a power saw at very low speed.

Ray

Hi Ray,  Happy New Year!  My plain end blade holders will not work with the "eyes".  I would have to cut an eye, straighten it out and insert it.  Garage is way to cold here, to do anything in there.

bp

On 12/23/2017 at 4:06 PM, badpappy said:

Hello all,

I have been working on some modifications to the sanding belt in the jewelers saw.  I believe it is the answer.  I saw some old fishing swivels near my work bench, and...................

That belt is 3/8" wide and is 5" long before gluing.DSCN0381.thumb.JPG.79cf59d3ffe52f743f270285093a57ad.JPGDSCN0381.thumb.JPG.79cf59d3ffe52f743f270285093a57ad.JPG

If anyone is going to try this use fresh Super Glue.  The first few I made, I used old Super Glue.  Don't do that, it takes forever for the glue to dry.

Merry Christmas Everyone...

DSCN0378.JPG

DSCN0380.JPG

DSCN0379.JPG

A real Rube Goldberg!