Happy Fathers Day

lawson56

9 minutes ago, meflick said:

Happy Father's Day to all my "Father" friends here.  Hope you have a great day.  My hubby is having his first without our children being here - both are presently at school out of state now. 😟

My oldest moved out on his own just a month ago.. while I still have two at home.. I still feel sort of empty nested.. and he is only a couple hour drive away..  He is coming down today but just isn't the same with him gone..  

4 hours ago, kmmcrafts said:

My oldest moved out on his own just a month ago.. while I still have two at home.. I still feel sort of empty nested.. and he is only a couple hour drive away..  He is coming down today but just isn't the same with him gone..  

Our daughter just moved to Georgia for her graduate program in Physical Therapy.  She graduated with her undergraduate degree on May 20 and had about 2 weeks before she had to be there to start her grad program.  No rest for the weary.  She was in a college close to home and was home for the summers. Our son has been in college out of state for the past 3 years (in Georgia also). However, he has been home for the summers up until this one. He has one year left (says he is on time 😉).  Not sure if he will come "home" or not - we don't think so - at least not right away unless he has too (meaning hasn't found a job when he graduates! 😨) Since both have been "off at school" for the past 3/4 years - the empty nest issue has been sorta dealt with.  This is just first time they haven't been home for the summer even. My son was on a "Maymester" overseas in May so he wasn't here for Mother's Day, my birthday, or his sister's graduation unfortunately but she was here.  While both are in GA, they are at different schools about an hour or so apart.  We may see them next weekend as we may go down to daughter's to do some "handyman" work. Our son could then possibly come over to visit.  He has kept himself busy pressure washing the back deck and working on the irrigation system and swimming with the dog  - his only child "here".😉 (He is one who needs to be doing something anyway. Doesn't like to sit down.)  His dad will be 92 later this week, but he too took off for the beach with friends so with my dad gone, we didn't have anyone to see ourselves for the day either.  Enjoy your kiddos - and have a great day with them.  They grow up quickly as mine have shown me!

Happy Fathers Day to all the Village Fathers.  Aussie Fathers have to wait until September.  We have been empty nesters for years now but both girls only live about an half hour drive away and one comes to dinner 2 or 3 times a week (with or without partner), so there is no chance of missing them.  :)

Marg