Scroll Saw Reviews - Announcement & Call for Help

Travis

Howdy All.  I've mentioned in this post that I'm moving the Scroll Saw Reviews to it's own section.  It is now located under the Resources tab in the navigation bar.

I did this for a couple of reasons.  First, I'm trying to simplify the forum a bit.  This will help declutter the main forum page.  Second, while the reviews forum was useful, it was really cumbersome to update.  It required the admin to update the information, or to create a new saw review.  Now with their own section, members can add new saws and edit the information on the saws really easy.  To add a new saw, just click "Add New Scroll Saw" on the main page.  To update information on a saw, go to that page's saw and click the green button that says "Update Scroll Saw Information".  

@meflick had an awesome idea in this post to have a area to upload scroll saw manuals.  (Goodness knows I almost always misplace my manuals).  Well, it took me awhile, but I figured out how to upload manuals for these scroll saws.  Just go to your saw and click "Update Scroll Saw Information" and there's a section where you can upload a manual.  You can upload different versions, for some of those old saws that has had several over the years.

Here's How You Can Help?

Here's where I can use your help.  I know many of you created well thought out reviews for your saw.  This new section has a Reviews tab where you can give it a star rating and a proper review.  The comments tab is where all the posts from the forum got moved to.  If you wrote a proper review, can you copy/past it in the Reviews tab and give it a star rating?  This will be super helpful for folks buying a new scroll saw.  The more reviews there are, the better they feel when purchasing.

If you have a scroll saw but haven't given it a review, please do so.  If you don't see your saw listed, please add it.  You don't have to know all of the information.  Just fill in what you can.  (Please make sure your saw isn't listed first.  We don't want duplicate records)

If you have one of these saws, please look over the information.  If anything is missing or incorrect, please update it by clicking "Update Scroll Saw Information" and filling in the correct information.

If you have one of these saws, click the Follow button on that saw to be notified when someone adds a review or a comment.

Anyway, I hope you find this new section useful and a little easier to use than the last one.  And more than that, I hope folks looking for a scroll saw will find this valuable in helping them pick the right scroll saw for themselves....and suck them into our devious hobby.  :evil:

• Travis pinned this topic

Oh, and one more thing.  I have two ways of displaying the saws in the Scroll Saw Reviews section.  Which one do you like better?

Option A - Has a picture of each saw and review/comments information.  Looks nice and easy to browse.

view2.JPG

Option B - Lists saws in a table and shows basic saw information.  Has more information on the main page, but doesn't do as good with mobile devices.

view1.JPG

I like option 1 seems more friendlier for all around use. I do have a question though. The EX-16, EX-21, EX-30 all have their own places. The manual covers all three machines. Should it be uploaded three times ? I also have a manual just for the EX-21 as a stand alone manual. Just a little confused. I did upload the Porter Cable Manual and updated the information I remembered from mine. Pretty easy to do and for that I thank you .

Travis, I purchased a used saw over the weekend and in the box of stuff that came with it was an owner's manual for a saw by the name of Mao Shan Industrial MS-24. I have no need for this manual so if there is anybody out there who needs it, I will gladly mail it to them. A picture is attached. It is also marketed as a Ledacraft. And probably many others.

MS-24.jpg

2018-06-25_1951.png

Edited by octoolguy
To add images

3 hours ago, WayneMahler said:

...The EX-16, EX-21, EX-30 all have their own places. The manual covers all three machines. Should it be uploaded three times ? ....

Yah, upload the manual for each one, even though they're the same.  A person looking at the EX-21 wouldn't know to look at EX16 for the manual.  So if they're in each one, I think that would be very helpful.

1 hour ago, octoolguy said:

Travis, I purchased a used saw over the weekend and in the box of stuff that came with it was an owner's manual for a saw by the name of Mao Shan Industrial MS-24. I have no need for this manual so if there is anybody out there who needs it, I will gladly mail it to them. A picture is attached. It is also marketed as a Ledacraft. And probably many others.

MS-24.jpg

2018-06-25_1951.png

Feel free to add the saw to the list too and fill in whatever info you have.

1 hour ago, Travis said:

Yah, upload the manual for each one, even though they're the same.  A person looking at the EX-21 wouldn't know to look at EX16 for the manual.  So if they're in each one, I think that would be very helpful.

Manual uploaded to all 3 of the EX listings. Also redid the one for the Porter Cable. None of the things I changed stayed that way so corrected that also. Hope things worked this time. 

10 hours ago, WayneMahler said:

Manual uploaded to all 3 of the EX listings. Also redid the one for the Porter Cable. None of the things I changed stayed that way so corrected that also. Hope things worked this time. 

Whew.  Looks like it's working...LOL.  I was panicked for a second there.  :rofl:

Howdy all.  Just a reminder to add a review for your scroll saw.  We have this great list of scroll saws that I'd love to get some star ratings for.  If you've already written up a nice review from the old Scroll Saw Review section (just check the comments tab), please copy & paste them over in the new section.

Thanks for your help!

@Travis, just an FYI -  I just uploaded a number of different manuals for many of the saws that did not yet have them uploaded. Didn't take too much effort, quick google searches turned up many of them. Just wanted you to know that I had done several in case you suddenly notice a large data storage increase or some other issue. Hopefully not an issue. 🙂

Right now, all of the saws should have manuals uploaded for them now except for the following which I have not been able to locate.  If anyone has one or can find them for these saw, it would be great if you could upload it.  If you have the manual, but don't know how to upload it - let me know and I will be happy to help.  Those presently listed in the Reviews section and still needing a manual uploaded as of 7/5/2018 are: Eclipse, Excelsior XL-30/100, PS Wood Machines 14" and 21", Rockwell RK7315 (I think I found the parts list only and uploaded it), and the Scheppach Deco 405.

I also noticed that the newer Seyco saw is not yet listed.  Since I own it, I will add it and get the manual up for it as well.

• Travis unpinned this topic