Another Springer Clock

Hawk

Well, seems like the first 2 clocks I made drew quite an interest. On one hand this is good, I hate making "dust" collectors, I'd rather make things that have purpose. After seeing the pics of the clocks my wife put on her FB page one of her dog people asked if I could make one from a picture she had.

My answer, "tell her to send it and I'll see what I can do"

The first pic is what she sent, picture 2 is the clock I made. Still need to put poly on it, but it's done for the most part. The light wood is maple and the dark is walnut.

I must admit I love the challenge of taking a picture and turning it into a wood project. I really love the sanding part (I know, weird eh!!) but that's when the wood comes to "Life". Know what I mean !

Hawk.

post-26792-0-65952700-1442594746_thumb.jpg

post-26792-0-67967600-1442594763_thumb.jpg

Well, seems like the first 2 clocks I made drew quite an interest. On one hand this is good, I hate making "dust" collectors, I'd rather make things that have purpose. After seeing the pics of the clocks my wife put on her FB page one of her dog people asked if I could make one from a picture she had.

My answer, "tell her to send it and I'll see what I can do"

The first pic is what she sent, picture 2 is the clock I made. Still need to put poly on it, but it's done for the most part. The light wood is maple and the dark is walnut.

I must admit I love the challenge of taking a picture and turning it into a wood project. I really love the sanding part (I know, weird eh!!) but that's when the wood comes to "Life". Know what I mean !

Hawk.

I like making clocks too. I'm probably selling to the wrong crowd as getting $25.00 a clock and in working neon they bulk at?The clocks themselves cost $25.00 and i got them for $10.00.I've got way over 2 hours disassemble patterning ,cutting ,reassembling,testing finishing details,etc.I did it for friends.Your clock looks great,nice job ,She be happy!Keep them coming. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Very nice.  Once you start on something like that, it can create an avalanche.  Dog owners really like items that show their dog.  Cat owners are almost as bad.  Last year a friend of mine was at an auction and bought a box of 20+ clock motors that was given to me so I started making clocks.  Have a friend that has a small jewelry and clock repair shop so is a good source of hands.  We have a barter system so the only cost I have is the wood and my time so works out pretty good.

• 3 weeks later...