2/13 I'm back and you didn't even know I was gone lol!

Christina

Wednesday at 5am my BIL called...........he was having chest pains and couldn't breath. So we rushed over there.........he has twin 2 year olds so couldn't just call an ambulance. We got there and he was pretty bad. My husband took him to the hospital, right around the corner, while I stayed with the kids. He was admitted right away. He has pneumonia........one lung was completely accluded. So I have spent the last three days going back and forth from my house to theirs to take care of the kids. I also have a dog who rebroke his leg so I had to keep coming home to care for him and change is bandages. I did the day shift, only coming home to take care of buddy and feed all my critters............then my hubby stayed with the kids at night. I can't sleep laying down due to my back and respiratory problems. And there is no where for me to sleep right there..............he doesn't have a couch, just a love seat........way too small lol. My hubby is only good for a couple hours with kids unless they're asleep lol.

They discharged my BIL late this afternoon...........WOOHOO! So now just have to go over to check on him. I cannot tell you how good it is to STAY HOME! He doesn't have internet so I have been going through withdrawals too........I could only check on my group quickly everyday. So now I'm doing a marathon sitting trying to catch up on everything I missed with all of the groups I belong too....................aw pure heaven!

We also had a bit of drama.............tornadoes hit Oklahoma pretty bad the other night. Luckily we only got the severe thunderstorm ourselves. But just 26 miles away one touched down and did some damage in Pawnee City (we live in Pawnee county)............and one, EF4, hit a little town near Ardmore and just about wiped out the whole town. There were 8 tornadoes almost in a straight line from Tulsa all the way to OKC............minor touchdowns in all but the one. Scarey stuff. But we've had a heck of a heat wave here for the last week.........70's and 80's! When we get the heat and a thunderstorm moves in........boom tornado time!

Christina

Wow. Life isn't boring in your neck of the woods. Sounds like you were pulled in a lot of different directions. I hope your BIL is doing well. Pneumonia is a serious thing. But its certainly a good sign when they think you're well enough to go home. He's lucky to have family so close that they can take care of you when you're down.

I've never been through a tornado. They don't happen much up north. I really like watching those Storm Chaser tv shows. Man, those guys are crazy! I think I'm OK with seeing a tornado on TV in the comfort of my living room instead of in real life.

Anyway, we're glad to have you back!

Thanks Realfez and Travis. No it's certainly not boring lately........I moved here to have boring lol. He's doing fine and I'm home and all is well for now. You just never know though.

I'm not thrilled with living in tornado alley. But I've never been through one and don't care to start now. I don't even like watching those storm chasers on tv! My hubby is nuts for them..............he wants to do it too. They're all nuts...........hubby included.

Christina