Zero clearance insert tip

savethebeer

Made a zero clearance insert for my Scheppach scroll saw. It turned out that the  plywood I used was thicker  than the original insert by about half a coat of paint. [i don't know how thick paint actually is but you get the idea]. I suddenly realised that I can swivel pieces on my table so much easier than previously because the wood is held up off the cast iron table. I used to polish my table previously but not recently. I will try to use thicker wood for future inserts. 

Made a zero clearance insert for my Scheppach scroll saw. It turned out that the  plywood I used was thicker  than the original insert by about half a coat of paint. [i don't know how thick paint actually is but you get the idea]. I suddenly realised that I can swivel pieces on my table so much easier than previously because the wood is held up off the cast iron table. I used to polish my table previously but not recently. I will try to use thicker wood for future inserts. 

Once you try contact glued formica on your table you'll never go back no drag at all.Paint one coat is 1 mil thick