Delta 40-694

ekud1946

I've never done one of the deltas ( that new of model ) before.. but this model is somewhat very similar to the DeWalt.. so I will tell you.. I just ordered ALL NEW bushing sleeves from ereplacement parts web site and.. bearings from VBX bearing web site.. the total cost was right in the ballpark of $160 - 180.. ( off my memory )..  I didn't order the one sealed bearing on the connecting rod to motor.. as i didn't know the size until I get it apart..

If, you do decide to take on the job yourself.. I'd suggest using break parts cleaner to remove the grease in the new bearings and replacing it with high grade synthetic grease.. I did this on my last re-build of the front portion of the saw.. and it is still good and quiet up front.. and this withstands quite a lot of hours since I've done that.. Kick myself for not doing the rear portion the same way.. as that is where my new issue is.. but I will probably be rebuilding the whole saw this time since I now have two Hawk backup saws :)  where as before.. the DeWalt was the only saw.. and I had it down for a few days because the local bearing supplier had to order the bearings...