Penguin pattern

Roberta Moreton

10 minutes ago, Iguanadon said:

That looks like a perfect image to use as a pattern.  Print it and size it as you'd like it.

Technically that'd be stealing from the pattern designer.. should this pattern be a pattern that is sold for money then it's taking money away from the artist that took the time to make the pattern to make a living on.. or just to help feed the family.. so i don't condone in doing that sort of thing.. Now.. that's different in terms of.. if the pattern was here in the free pattern section... I'm very surprised you even mentioned it since you sell patterns.. many folks could use puzzle images you had posted to make their own puzzles without even paying out a dime for the pattern..

As a last resort would I suggest doing this..and only for personal use.. Just my two cents.. 

I know I am a cheap *ss sometimes.. but try my best to give credit to those that earn / deserve it..

7 minutes ago, kmmcrafts said:

Technically that'd be stealing from the pattern designer.. should this pattern be a pattern that is sold for money then it's taking money away from the artist that took the time to make the pattern to make a living on.. or just to help feed the family.. so i don't condone in doing that sort of thing.. Now.. that's different in terms of.. if the pattern was here in the free pattern section... I'm very surprised you even mentioned it since you sell patterns.. many folks could use puzzle images you had posted to make their own puzzles without even paying out a dime for the pattern..

As a last resort would I suggest doing this..and only for personal use.. Just my two cents.. 

I know I am a cheap *ss sometimes.. but try my best to give credit to those that earn / deserve it..

LOL, you read very deeply into things.  I was simply assuming she wanted to cut one for herself.  So, nevermind, forget what I said.

1 minute ago, Iguanadon said:

LOL, you read very deeply into things.  I was simply assuming she wanted to cut one for herself.  So, nevermind, forget what I said.

Yeah, I guess I do read deeply into things.. but this day and age you have to.. too many sue happy people out there etc.. and I do try my best to be honest and give credit where it's due.. Might not always happen.. but I do try, LOL

You know, I've been in the scrolling community since about 2006.. back then there was a whole slue of designers.. if you asked for a pattern you'd get about 10 different patterns to choose from within just a few hours.. We've lost a lot of designers over the years.. .. now a days sometimes it's quite hard to get a pattern you want / need whether for business or personal use.. At the end of the day.. the designers are really the back bone to our business or hobby.. and deserve their cut of the pie every chance they get.. for personal use or business.. without the designers.. many scroll sawers would have to rely on magazines for patterns.. I personally know how to design.. not fast at it and not my cup of tea.. so I look up to and give the credit to those that still do design.. and am always willing to pay for a designer to do a design for me.. most times they decline.. either way.. feeding the designers helps feed our business or hobbys.. 

You are right.. it could be a pattern as is.. just not sure that is really the right thing to do.. right off the bat..