How to create a pattern from a photo

OCtoolguy

On 30/11/2017 at 5:42 AM, WayneMahler said:

There is a program named GIMP (free). There are some videos on here on how to use it for portraits. Personally I use Corel Draw and have yet to master it. I'm not good at portraits but working on it.Like anything else there is a learning curve.

You may say you are not good at portrait but boy you bang out cracking signs Wayne tell me do you use a template for the sign then add the writing inside it puzzles me how you add the 2nd set of lettering over it it makes my brain hurt trying to figure it out to try it so thought I would ask :) 

3 hours ago, blights69 said:

You may say you are not good at portrait but boy you bang out cracking signs Wayne tell me do you use a template for the sign then add the writing inside it puzzles me how you add the 2nd set of lettering over it it makes my brain hurt trying to figure it out to try it so thought I would ask :) 

Thanks for the comments Frank. I do them all from scratch. Some I use inkscape for. Travis has a tutorial on here on how to do them. You can find the links here . For others I use Corel  Draw .

2 hours ago, WayneMahler said:

Thanks for the comments Frank. I do them all from scratch. Some I use inkscape for. Travis has a tutorial on here on how to do them. You can find the links here . For others I use Corel  Draw .

A Friendly FYI:  Our oldest son has a computer tech company.  He told me years ago never, NEVER to click on something like "Click Here".  You have no idea what kind of virus you might have just clicked on.  I delete e-mails that say "Click Here".

If I see a subject I might be interested in, I type it into Google.  Sometimes our anti virus protection will put an arrow by one of the options.

Also, most sites start out, "http: etc, etc.  If you see "https, the "s" stands for secure.  That doesn't mean it's 100% OK, but it's definitely better.

jerry