Jet Upper Blade Clamp

kmmcrafts

Anyone tried to mount the new style Jet upper clamp onto a Excalibur or Dewalt type saw? The Jet uses the same style rocker arm assemblies etc.. I was looking at one of the Jet saws today and noticed that it seems like it would be a fairly easy swap / upgrade for someone that did a lot of fretwork type cutting.. I've been fascinated with the Jets new clamping mechanism.. and just wondered if anyone has tried it on another brand saw.. I've been searching for the clamp assembly but haven't found one online.. thought if cheap enough I'd give it a try   

16 minutes ago, NC Scroller said:

Wish someone would invent and produce a cam/lever clamp for the top and bottom clamps for all popular saws.  When my arthritis in my thumb acts up working a thumb screw is not fun.

Have you seen the new Jet upper clamps? while the lower one still has the thumb screw.. just seems like the upper one would be a real nice advantage over the other styles.. But yeah I agree the old Delta style clamps were very nice too once you got used to them

7 minutes ago, kmmcrafts said:

Have you seen the new Jet upper clamps? while the lower one still has the thumb screw.. just seems like the upper one would be a real nice advantage over the other styles.. But yeah I agree the old Delta style clamps were very nice too once you got used to them

Yes I saw and even played with the upper clamp on  Jet.  For me making a bottom clamp like that would have the most value.  That is the one I have the most issues with when the arthritic hand is acting up.