Need help finding Delta clamp

Rolf

https://www.ebay.com/p/Delta-Scroll-Saw-Blade-Holder-40-155/1751381017

The power of the internet.. I just searched for the model number of the saw for a parts diagram.. ( ereplacement parts and parts direct.. then took the part number of the blade clamp and did a search for that.. 

Edited by kmmcrafts

http://www.circlesaw.com/

Try these guys. I just found the old Delta Blade Wrench, that no one had on the internet anywhere, Circle Saw had three in inventory. It was at the house the next day via USPS at no extra charge. Scroll to the bottom of the home page........"click" on Delta Parts Inventory under the "Resource" heading........."click" on the PDF Inventory list.....all items are listed in numeric order. Hopes this helps.

Be Safe! 

5 hours ago, JTTHECLOCKMAN said:

4 hours ago, bowers25 said:

Try these guys. I just found the old Delta Blade Wrench, that no one had on the internet anywhere, Circle Saw had three in inventory. It was at the house the next day via USPS at no extra charge. Scroll to the bottom of the home page........"click" on Delta Parts Inventory under the "Resource" heading........."click" on the PDF Inventory list.....all items are listed in numeric order. Hopes this helps.

Be Safe! 

Yeah I checked the power of the internet and your links only turn up " obsolete no replacement options and out of stock" :) 

9 hours ago, bowers25 said:

Be Safe! 

I was given a delta that was missing the wrench.So I turned it into a rattle can paint shaker.

5 hours ago, kmmcrafts said:

Yeah I checked the power of the internet and your links only turn up " obsolete no replacement options and out of stock" :) 

If you are quoting me Kevin I never checked any numbers just saw all the different saw types that delta ever made. I looked at his no. and blade holder and it says obsolete. So disregard my link. but it is a great one if you ever need part diagrams for any delta saws. http://www.toolpartsdirect.com/delta-40-150-15-quot-scroll-saw.html 

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/19/2018 at 8:17 AM, Rolf said:

Thank you for all for the help!. A very generous friend on the SSWWC forum is sending me a couple. Our new club member is very excited about getting back to scrolling.

I am also an owner of a an old Delta scroll saw and am looking for a pinless blade holder. Any help would be appreciated. My email is mike.devries61@gmail.com.  Thank you.

There are a lot of old Delta machines on my local C/L. Do you folks know if the blade holders will interchange between models at all? If you can run down what saws have clamps that might interchange, I might be able to put you onto used saws near me. I just found one for $30 but I'm not sure about the interchangeability of the clamps. I realize that the Delta part numbers might be different but if one model's clamp to could be made to work in another model saw, it might open some doors of availability. Let me know and I'll try to help.

https://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/tls/d/san-diego-16-delta-scroll-saw/6986697372.html

Edited by octoolguy

The part number you need is 40-155 blade holder assembly.. They are no longer available.. If you keep an eye out on eBay etc every now and then one pops up new old stock in the package still... I don't think this clamp is used on many other of the saws if any.. but i may be wrong.. Not too much to them.. if you had something to show a machine shop.. they;d probably be able to hook you up.. Doing a search for Delta 40-155 will bring up images of these.. Both top and bottom clamps are the same part number so I assume they're the same..

http://www.pozsgaidesigns.com/ Woodmaster1 not sure what you saw but he  no longer has the Delta quick clamps.  He was using them to make the modification for the Hawk saws.  I still have them on my Hawk.

The problem with the Quick clamps was that people did not know how to use them and over tightened them causing the arms to bend. 

I occasionally find an old Delta at a yard sale. and scarf them up for parts. I did not find any this year.

Edited by Rolf

57 minutes ago, Rolf said:

http://www.pozsgaidesigns.com/ Woodmaster1 not sure what you saw but he  no longer has the Delta quick clamps.  He was using them to make the modification for the Hawk saws.  I still have them on my Hawk.

The problem with the Quick clamps was that people did not know how to use them and over tightened them causing the arms to bend. 

I occasionally find an old Delta at a yard sale. and scarf them up for parts. I did not find any this year.

The quick clamp and the clamp that these old 15" saws take are different.. and this website does show they have clamps for this saw.. Not sure if they're OEM style though or not.. 

Copied from the website...

4. EZ Set Blade Holder System used with 15" Scroll Saws Penn State
 Grizzly
 Delta
 Jet
 AMT
 True Value
 Central Machinery
 Foremost
 Buffalo
 United
 Value Craft
 Powermatic
 And many other imported brand scroll saws!

15ez1.gif

Cost: $24.90

Here is the blade holders in your picture from the website.

If you are using our Retrofit Kit on your scroll saw, then you are using this style of lower blade holder.

For use with:

15" Scroll Saws
 Penn State  Grizzley • Delta •Jet • AMT • True Value • Central Machinery • Foremost • Buffalo •United • Value Craft •Powermatic • And many other imported brand name scroll saws!

bh.jpg
16" Scroll Saws
 Sears Models 23611 & 23612
 Ryobi Model SC 160
 Dremel Models 1671 & 1695
 Northern Hydraulics Model SS16
 AMT Models 4601 & 4602
 Reliant Models DD66 & DD67

20" V.S. Scroll Saws
• Jet Model JSS20VS • Tradesman 8370 • AMT 5220 • Central Machinery

Cost: $12.95 per set.

Rolf I had a Delta P20 with the cam style clamps and loved them.   Used properly they were very effective, and made clamping blades quick and easy.   As has been pointed out before the main issue with them was when they were adjusted improperly the result would be the bending of the lever as to much pressure was required to close the clamp.   I wish some company would try to buy the rights from Delta to produce a similar design, promoted properly I think they would sell.  

4 hours ago, kmmcrafts said:

Stoney, I agree.. I have a old Delta saw that has this style clamp and also had a Delta SS350LS that had these on it.. very nice setup.. too bad they are not being made and used on many saws these days..  

I wonder why nobody has picked up on them. The patent has to be nearing its end. If not already expired.

1 hour ago, octoolguy said:

I wonder why nobody has picked up on them. The patent has to be nearing its end. If not already expired.

My guess is Ray..cost.. today's saw clamps are a very simple design with virtually no moving parts.. These Delta clamps wasn't liked by everyone and lots of people had issues with them breaking... mainly as was stated before.. not having them adjusted properly the lever handle would bend and or break.. They are a nice clamping system that work well for some and not so well for others.. Today's clamps with just a thumb screw is something the engineers don't have to invent or re-invent.. simple to just drill and tap a hole for a thumb screw that most everyone understands how to use.. is just my opinion why.. 

I really like the upper clamp of the new Jet saws.. I've played around with this clamp almost every time I go to the local lumber store to get more plywood as they have many tools on the showroom floor.. That said I haven't used it in real life cutting so maybe it's not all that it looks like to me.. Many folks do not like the lower barrel clamp part of it.. and some say the reverse teeth of the blades are set up too low.. I really question this myself because the design of the barrel has a hole going all the way through so there is no stop or bottom out for the blade... these barrels are basically the same thing as the Hawks barrel clamps that many do not like as well.. but Hawk has a bottom out on the clamp.. I 'm always wondering if these people actually have the saws set up and tuned correctly. buying the Hawk clamps so the blade has a positive stop would be a plus... I already have plenty of those clamps with my old Hawk, LOL

2 minutes ago, kmmcrafts said:

My guess is Ray..cost.. today's saw clamps are a very simple design with virtually no moving parts.. These Delta clamps wasn't liked by everyone and lots of people had issues with them breaking... mainly as was stated before.. not having them adjusted properly the lever handle would bend and or break.. They are a nice clamping system that work well for some and not so well for others.. Today's clamps with just a thumb screw is something the engineers don't have to invent or re-invent.. simple to just drill and tap a hole for a thumb screw that most everyone understands how to use.. is just my opinion why.. 

I really like the upper clamp of the new Jet saws.. I've played around with this clamp almost every time I go to the local lumber store to get more plywood as they have many tools on the showroom floor.. That said I haven't used it in real life cutting so maybe it's not all that it looks like to me.. Many folks do not like the lower barrel clamp part of it.. and some say the reverse teeth of the blades are set up too low.. I really question this myself because the design of the barrel has a hole going all the way through so there is no stop or bottom out for the blade... these barrels are basically the same thing as the Hawks barrel clamps that many do not like as well.. but Hawk has a bottom out on the clamp.. I 'm always wondering if these people actually have the saws set up and tuned correctly. buying the Hawk clamps so the blade has a positive stop would be a plus... I already have plenty of those clamps with my old Hawk, LOL

I agree Kevin but we all know how cheaply things can be mass produced now in China or some other 3rd world country. Just saying.