Hawk Tension Knobs

Rockytime

Tension knob isn't the correct name but since there has been so much discussion on knobs, I throw this in. Fortunately the Hawk uses 1/4-20 threads hardware is easy to come by. I don't care much for the little two wing knob so here are a couple of variations. The last one is the most comfortable and nice to use.

1-20180721_125004.jpg

2-20180721_125750.jpg

3-20180721_125508.jpg

4-20180721_125633.jpg

11 minutes ago, Rockytime said:

Tension knob isn't the correct name but since there has been so much discussion on knobs, I throw this in. Fortunately the Hawk uses 1/4-20 threads hardware is easy to come by. I don't care much for the little two wing knob so here are a couple of variations. The last one is the most comfortable and nice to use.

1-20180721_125004.jpg

2-20180721_125750.jpg

3-20180721_125508.jpg

4-20180721_125633.jpg

Which one of the non-Hawk knobs weighs the least? Also, do either of them increase vibration at all?

28 minutes ago, Rockytime said:

I don't know the weight. The difference would be minuscule. Can't tell the difference in vibration. I do need to cut the threaded end down shorter. I just do that with a piercing saw.

I have no idea what a "piercing" saw is. Can you post a pic?

Yeah, I bought some aftermarket knobs for my older (first) Hawk as I kept breaking blades, I bought the round style like you have shown.. I personally didn't like them one bit.. I know others love them.. I think I'm just accustom to the standard 2 wing style ones as that's what I like.. I bet I'd like that other 4 winged type you have shown in the next to last photo of it on your saw.. But those round ones made me feel like I wasn't getting a grip on them to get them snugged up good.. so it made me keep over tighten them... 

My newer Hawk came with some steel knurled knobs which might have worked out okay other than the knob portion was quite small.. was maybe about a 1/8" larger than the actual threaded part.. and they made my hands hurt trying to grip that tiny little knob.. Thankfully it also came with the standard two wing style and those are what I use on it..