Pegas Clamp

kmmcrafts

Well, I received my Pegas blade chucks today.. Ordered on Sunday night from qutena.com as they was on sale there.. came in the mail today.. I haven't installed them yet as I've been cutting orders.. I did take the time to open the box up and take the upper clamp out.. Appears very well made.. not all loose and sloppy fitting together like my original EX clamp where the one part slides on the other one.. I really half wonder if I didn't get a defective clamp with my saw.. just seems sloppy and not very well made... so this upgrade Pegas clamp should be a huge improvement 

Maybe I'll install it later tonight and give a couple of test cuts.. 

Well I decided to install the new chucks... Took me more than the 10 minutes that everyone else was saying it took... BUT... While I had the thing apart and the bearings exposed.. I cleaned out the old grease and added my synthetic grease I bought years ago for rebuilding my DeWalt.. I have to say.. these have the exact same open bearings as the DeWalt.. I was sure it did but had read on many post that they are sealed.. and not having a Excalibur I wasn't going to argue that point to far because I really didn't know... But now I do..  The grease in the lower arm bearings was already pretty dried up and was stiff.. lucky I bought this set and took it apart or I'd have a worn out Excalibur in no time.. Pretty bad for a saw with only about 30 - 40 hours use on it.. 

I cut out a clock after I got everything installed and centered the set / thumb screws etc.. I am very impressed with the Pegas upgrade.. Saw is sooo much easier to use..