Miter Saw Update And New Blades

kmmcrafts

Okay so yesterday my new power switch came in the mail so I installed it. Works great now, Yay...

This morning I took at trip to my favorite store LLJohnsons workbench. Picked up a new blade for the miter saw and one for my table saw. Hope what I bought will be a good choice for ripping boards on my table saw for glue ups ( cutting boards) has to be better than I was using. I’ve already installed the miter saw blade and made a test cut. Wow what a difference!

DA8C437D-B8C6-4F0B-9189-10F92EAF10A2.jpeg

1EC8EDC8-C077-48BC-9AB7-54231EAEB7E3.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Scrappile said:

I have never had a miter saw, would like to but haven't enough need to justify one.  I'm curious what is the difference between a miter saw blade and a table saw blade?  Different size, different arbor hole size?  Different teeth?

Paul, JT posted about them being different in my post the other day about needing  new miter saw.. Below is copied and pasted what he said so he or I don't have to re-type it all

"You mentioned sharing blades with your tablesaw. That is a no-no!!! A miter saw requires different blades than a table saw. Do people interchange yes they do but run the risk of injury. A miter saw uses a negative rake blade or a blade with no more than a 3 degree rake on it as opposed to a table saw blade which uses a positive rake. The reason is with a miter saw you are applying the blade to the wood as in a tablesaw you apply the wood to the blade. The wood will have a tendency to climb or jump in a miter saw if using a positive rake blade. Something like when you run a router the wrong direction of the grain when routing. The router will want to pull from your hands. Highly recommend buying a good multi-purpose blade for the mitersaw The teeth count depends on material cutting and smoothness of cut. Miter saws tend to have runout in the arbors but when are new usually does not show up. People lift the saws with the handle and do not lock them down and things get wacky. Thin kerf blades help to not tax the motor so much because it removes less material when cutting. I use thin kerf blades in my tablesaw all the time. As I said the decision of 10" vs 12" is a matter of material size being cut. If you go with a slider then you make up for the size that way or unless you want max depth then 12" slider is the way to go."

And here is the topic from which it came from. 

Good choices Kevin. You will see the difference. What makes Freud such a good blade company is all the information on their blade and packaging. Tells you everything you want to know about the blade. It shows you the teeth configuration so you know what they refer to when they say triple grind tooth or flat grind or alternating grind. Keep the blade clean and it will last a long time. Just use a blade cleaner or some liquid dish soap. Use to be Simple green was the big cleaner but they have found it is too corrosive and will eat at the welds. I like the Freud line of blades. Reasonable in price, well made and balanced,  and carbide can be sharpened many times. There are so many types of blade on the market and if you are into extreme woodworking you can hone in on exact blades to use other than that combination blades get the job done. Have fun and always practice safety when using any tool.