Carbon Brushes For Bosch ROS

kmmcrafts

My random orbital sander quit working this morning.. I took it apart to find one of the carbon brushes basically worn gone, LOL other one is probably half gone.. I can order new ones from ereplacement parts for about $14 shipped... just curious though since I don't know much about these.. but can't one just buy carbon material and make their own? This sander has these little holders.. and everything is separated.. ie plastic housing, spring and a blade connector for the wire to plug into so nothing is soldered or connected in any way.. If I could buy the carbon in the correct shap to fit into the holder and cut to length.. 

Not sure if I could buy these local or not if so where would one find it? I don't mind paying the $14 but would be nice to just put it back together today / tomorrow without having to wait for shipment plus.. they charging over $6 shipping on 1-2 ounce package, LOL that should be able to ship for $2.60 at most. I'll probably go ahead and order then but if I find something local well.. then I'll have some for next time, LOL