Circus

rdatelle

1 hour ago, Scrappile said:

You certainly did a great job on that and the second set of horses really improves it.  I will be making one pretty soon.  I love to do these kinds of projects as fillers or diversions from bigger projects. 

Your right Paul, I think two sets of horses makes it better. I used a lot of scrap pieces to. I didn't use full sheets like Steve said.  I cut all the pattern pieces out and lined them up on all my scrap I had.Almost all the patterns called for two or more pieces so that's why I got two garaffs to. You really want to use the activator with the ca glue to. Makes the glue up go really fast. The only thing is it bonds almost instantly so be careful.

4 hours ago, rdatelle said:

Not a bad idea Berry. Any ideas on how to do that.

Here's one I made recently. It turned out really nice and wasn't too difficult. Here's the link where I described the build. I added one pic to this post after it was installed.  I can provide more info if you'd like, just PM me.

http://www.scrollsawvillage.com/forums/topic/25764-floating-display-shelf/?tab=comments#comment-282357

Display Shelf 513.jpg

5 minutes ago, oldhudson said:

Here's one I made recently. It turned out really nice and wasn't too difficult. Here's the link where I described the build. I added one pic to this post after it was installed.  I can provide more info if you'd like, just PM me.

http://www.scrollsawvillage.com/forums/topic/25764-floating-display-shelf/?tab=comments#comment-282357

Display Shelf 513.jpg

I like that Berry. I'll have to check out that link. That molding looks like it might give me a problem.

1 hour ago, oldhudson said:

That molding is just poplar crown molding I purchased at a lumber yard. All I did was cut the miters and pin it to my frame. Duck soup Ralph. You might find it a HD or Lowes.

I know crown molding could be tricky. I know you have to cut it the way it goes up on the wall or the miter won't be right. I'll have to think about this one.

Well, @rdatelle, Ralph, I got started on this project about 4 day ago.  It goes on and on and on......

I borrowed you four horse ideal and I am doing some other little miner changes as I go.  I am enjoying it but there are many more pieces to it than I thought.  I have pretty well cleaned out my pile of scrap 1/8" BB.  Great way to get rid of a bunch of odd shaped scrapes.

22 hours ago, Scrappile said:

Well, @rdatelle, Ralph, I got started on this project about 4 day ago.  It goes on and on and on......

I borrowed you four horse ideal and I am doing some other little miner changes as I go.  I am enjoying it but there are many more pieces to it than I thought.  I have pretty well cleaned out my pile of scrap 1/8" BB.  Great way to get rid of a bunch of odd shaped scrapes.

That's why I decided to make it. I had a lot of scrap 1/8 BB. There are a lot f pieces. You could almost make two at one time if you wanted to. I added an extra Giraffe because I was cutting two other things out of it anyway. Use that special glue and accelerator. Makes the job go quick but it drys quick.