Excalibur 16 new for me review.

Rolf

3 minutes ago, octoolguy said:

Well, never forget the axiom that "one man's trash is another man's treasure".

I agree.. But honestly I couldn't sell this for very much money to someone.. and it's probably worth more to me to keep as a parts machine ( motor, circuit board, the front rocker assemblies etc..) if I was to buy another older EX or the better made newer ones.. Pegas etc.. I'm actually going to call Ray and ask him about replacement bearings /sleeves for this saw.. They wasn't in all that good of shape.. and that is the issue it's having again.. But the parts on Seyco site states not for the newer made saw.. Must be a slight design change in the whole assembly he sells.. I can get the bearings locally.. but not found a source for the sleeves.. and I already checked the sleeves I had for the DW788.. they are different. If I'm stuck with having to replace with another cheap china made assembly.. I'm done with the saw.. 

I could wait it out for a deal on an older better made saw.. but I do like the New Pegas..  Iggy is the only other person i know that does a lot of cutting.. I haven't heard him complain about the Pegas failing yet.. I believe he runs more hours on the saw than I do.. Not much fretwork in doing the puzzles.. My kind of work is stop go stop go (fretwork).. the puzzles I've made you can pretty much run the saw non stop for 20 minutes at least. maybe more than that.. If I saw for 4-5 hours my hour meter only shows about 2 - 3 hours..