Excalibur Parts Sources?

kmmcrafts

I'm just wondering if anyone knows of any parts sources for the Excalibur other than Ray at Seyco?? I don't need any parts.. I'm just asking because every time I've seen any post topic where parts are needed.. I've never seen anyone mentioned other than Seyco.. I've tried looking up parts on other sites like ereplacementparts and there seems to be nothing for the Excalibur.. Been a few times i was trying to look up just the bearing sleeves and used just the part numbers from the manual.. nothing usually comes up.. Ray sells components as assemblies.. but I've never seen anything broke down into individual parts.. I'd like to buy new sleeves and bearings.. Ray only sells the whole arm assemblies for the back half of the saw.. and the whole rocker assemblies for the front.. the rockers come with EX clamps as a whole unit.. I don't need another set of brand new EX style clamps as i have the Pegas clamps.. I'm sure we could contact Pegas for parts.. I just like to look up individual parts.. I don't need to build a whole new saw.. I only need sleeves.. I have most of the bearings as they're the same as the DeWalt used.. but the sleeves are different.. I'm not able to find just sleeves.. Maybe calling Ray at Seyco I could get individual parts.. I like to be able to look up my own.. and figure up the cost to see if it's worth the effort..

I'm working with Bob Duncan as we speak on getting bearings & sleeves so we can find out definitively if there is a difference in the Pegas parts as opposed to the Dewalt parts. The Ex manual gives actual sizes of the sleeves but I don't have anything to compare to without taking my saw apart. You mentioned once that you either have or have access to a full set of Dewalt brgs & sleeves so once we get the parts in hand we can compare them. Keep your fingers crossed.

10 hours ago, octoolguy said:

I'm working with Bob Duncan as we speak on getting bearings & sleeves so we can find out definitively if there is a difference in the Pegas parts as opposed to the Dewalt parts. The Ex manual gives actual sizes of the sleeves but I don't have anything to compare to without taking my saw apart. You mentioned once that you either have or have access to a full set of Dewalt brgs & sleeves so once we get the parts in hand we can compare them. Keep your fingers crossed.

From what I've read.. the Pegas has a smaller bearing in the pitman arm at the back of the saw.. and it may still work on a EX types if you change the whole arm maybe?.. Other than that... they're the same bearings and basically the same saw.. I learn this from Bob Duncan on another message board.. I'd just like to see a website up with parts & prices of individual parts.. I'm doubting it'll happen because not everyone has the ability to press bearings in and out etc.. so a better way is to sell whole assemblies.. Even DeWalt only sells the whole assemblies.. BUT... they do offer the sleeves.. and that gives a work around for those that don't mind chasing down the correct bearings..

Most times there is only 2- 3 bearings & sleeves that are bad.. and you can repair it yourself for $20-30 instead of $120 for the whole assembly.. But it's easier and more practical for a company to sell as an assembly I would think.. 

Edited by kmmcrafts

12 minutes ago, amazingkevin said:

This is one reason I bought so many Dewalts. If I need something I got it and don't have to wait. I should start a scroll saw school with all the saws I have. I've given away ,thrown away and wore out more saws in my time.

Well I too have many saws.. 3 Hawks, a Excalibur and a older 16" Delta.. all work and i use all of them.. I have a couple of my favorite go to saws.. but this doesn't help the situation of needing a part for one or another of the saws.. When one saw only needs a $10 bearing.. I'm not interested in parting out the saw that works for the one that don't.. NOW... if something bigger goes bad.. like a motor or other pricey part.. I'd part out the rest of it.. I've just never had a saw that broke that needed anything expensive to repair it..  

13 hours ago, octoolguy said:

Yep, on the other forum, Bob said they tightened up the tollerances on some of those parts, so I would definatley try to go with Pegas parts, unless the manufacturer just tightened up the tollerances across the whole line per Pegas feedback to them.  It is really exciting to see Pegas continues to innovate.

I just re-read you post Ray.. and there is a difference in bearings / sleeves  between the Excalibur and the DeWalt.. ONLY at the back of the saw.. BUT I think it's only a couple of them that's different.. NOW keep in mind.. I'm working on a China made saw not the original EX.. but I also think from my findings.. there is no difference in parts between the old EX and the China made one.. other than just cheaper quality bearings / sleeves etc with sloppy tolerances.. My saw was sort of sloppy right out of the box..  I took it apart and cleaned greased the bearings.. I have a full set of bearings and sleeves for the DeWalt I had.. and was going to use them to replace bad / sloppy bearings in my EX but they're different at the back of the saw.. The front portion (rocker arms etc) is the same thing.. 

Bob stated in another forum that the pitman arm bearing is the only difference they made to the Pegas saw... they used a smaller diameter bearing which tightened up the tolerance at the back of the saw.. I do not know if one could retrofit the pitman arm from the Pegas to a EX or not.. 

2 hours ago, kmmcrafts said:

I do not know if one could retrofit the pitman arm from the Pegas to a EX or not.. 

I don't think there would be any issue with any part.  I'm betting there isnt' a part in the whole Pegas saw that wouldn't work in your chinese EX21.  If they just changed tolerances, I would think that would have the same effect as what they are hoping to gain for the Pegas saw.  Might tighten up your saw.

Edited by hotshot

I'm going take my Ex apart this summer and do a complete lube/inspect service on it. I really don't expect to find any problems as it runs so quiet and smooth. I just want to set my mind at ease that all the bearings have good adequate grease. It will give me a chance to measure the sleeve lengths too. 

4 hours ago, hotshot said:

Yep, on the other forum, Bob said they tightened up the tollerances on some of those parts, so I would definatley try to go with Pegas parts, unless the manufacturer just tightened up the tollerances across the whole line per Pegas feedback to them.  It is really exciting to see Pegas continues to innovate.

What other forum was this topic discussed? Can you provide a link to it?