We started our grandson's college fund today!

OCtoolguy

6 minutes ago, Scrappile said:

And thats the truth!!

24" x 1/2" pieces,,,, $85 with shipping for the little pile...  Beautiful wood though....

IMG_4365.JPG

Who from Paul? Cherokee? Actually that looks like a lot of wood for that price. What species and how long are those 24" pieces. What're ya going to make? 

Edited by octoolguy

No, it is Ocooch.... I priced it out and one, Cherokee did not have Monkey Pod and Two the Butternut was almost twice as expensive at Cherokee.. The trade off is... I have had no problem with Cherokee wood cupping,, I have had that with Ocooch wood... That is why I stacked it as it is shown and it will sit there for at least two weeks..

20 minutes ago, Scrappile said:

No, it is Ocooch.... I priced it out and one, Cherokee did not have Monkey Pod and Two the Butternut was almost twice as expensive at Cherokee.. The trade off is... I have had no problem with Cherokee wood cupping,, I have had that with Ocooch wood... That is why I stacked it as it is shown and it will sit there for at least two weeks..

Projects???

Yes,,,

Definition of project 

1: a specific plan or design 

Yes,, I do them occasionally...  Just slowly working through the list I have.. sure hope I live and am active until I am at least 132 or I will never complete them all!!!🧙‍♂️  Woozle Bird is going very slowly..

What am I going to make..... well sawdust!  For one, I have a picture I want to cut again.. I did it once and give it to a dear friend... I want to do it again,,, for me.. and for my kids to add to the burn pile they always talk to me about... why do they hate me so,,I was a sorta good father,, I didn't beat them and I didn't drink,,, back then.  But I always loved the pattern from issue 60 of SSW page 47 called "Tawny Eagle"   Alway thought I would do it again.. now I well.  I also want to make the intarsia birds from SSW #78 front cover...and I want to do a Marquetry background for them... Looks good in my head,,, but who knows what will happen. .. See I have planed projects.. it is just that my old brain seems to scramble some of them..
Edited by Scrappile

55 minutes ago, Scrappile said:

Yes,,,

Definition of project 

1: a specific plan or design 

Yes,, I do them occasionally...  Just slowly working through the list I have.. sure hope I live and am active until I am at least 132 or I will never complete them all!!!🧙‍♂️  Woozle Bird is going very slowly..

What am I going to make..... well sawdust!  For one, I have a picture I want to cut again.. I did it once and give it to a dear friend... I want to do it again,,, for me.. and for my kids to add to the burn pile they always talk to me about... why do they hate me so,,I was a sorta good father,, I didn't beat them and I didn't drink,,, back then.  But I always loved the pattern from issue 60 of SSW page 47 called "Tawny Eagle"   Alway thought I would do it again.. now I well.  I also want to make the intarsia birds from SSW #78 front cover...and I want to do a Marquetry background for them... Looks good in my head,,, but who knows what will happen. .. See I have planed projects.. it is just that my old brain seems to scramble some of them..

And just how old are you Paul. I just turned 78. Older or younger?

2 minutes ago, octoolguy said:

And just how old are you Paul. I just turned 78. Older or younger?

A lot younger,,,, I turned 77,,,, I think, in February,, I think,,,, probably should verify that with my wife... I get confused with algebra...  You want her email address.. to ask?  she doesn't talk to me much anymore..  sorry.. I have had 2 maybe 3 glasses of wine since dinner.  or was that bottles..??  Just kidding.

Just now, Scrappile said:

A lot younger,,,, I turned 77,,,, I think, in February,, I think,,,, probably should verify that with my wife... I get confused with algebra...  You want her email address.. to ask?  she doesn't talk to me much anymore..  sorry.. I have had 2 maybe 3 glasses of wine since dinner.  or was that bottles..??  Just kidding.

You sound too much like me. Except mine never stops talking. Lol.

On 4/17/2021 at 5:33 PM, octoolguy said:

Who from Paul? Cherokee? Actually that looks like a lot of wood for that price. What species and how long are those 24" pieces. What're ya going to make? 

Okay,, I am confused as to what I saw/wrote.  It has been bothering me that I stated that Cherokee wanted twice as much for Butternut wood than Ocooch.. I kept thinking about it and just did not feel right about what I said.  I decided to check again and went back to Cherokee to check... I did not see that they even had Butternut or Monkey Pod. So I guess please pay no attention to what I said... The wood I ordered came from Ocooch... It is beautiful but I certainly do not want to give false info on Cherokee Wood.. Ocooch and Cherokee are usually close in price... Where I find Ocooch a little cheaper is in the shipping.. even though they are a great deal farther from me than Cherokee..  

2 minutes ago, Scrappile said:

Okay,, I am confused as to what I saw/wrote.  It has been bothering me that I stated that Cherokee wanted twice as much for Butternut wood than Ocooch.. I kept thinking about it and just did not feel right about what I said.  I decided to check again and went back to Cherokee to check... I did not see that they even had Butternut or Monkey Pod. So I guess please pay no attention to what I said... The wood I ordered came from Ocooch... It is beautiful but I certainly do not want to give false info on Cherokee Wood.. Ocooch and Cherokee are usually close in price... Where I find Ocooch a little cheaper is in the shipping.. even though they are a great deal farther from me than Cherokee..  

Thanks for the clarification Paul. I am going to put together on order for some wood after we get back from our trip. Once Chris has it all together, I'm going to drive out to the yard and see what he has laying around for me to scrounge. The last time he let me go through the dumpster and it's amazing what they have to toss because it's odd sizes and cutoffs. I still have a lot of it.