3d printed Excalibur dust port?

Rolf

If you find one let me know.. I have the Seyco dust collection for scroll saws.. it works "okay" but lacks collecting from the top. Even though the stock dust port also collects from below the table my experience is that works better than the Seyco one.. but it maybe the powerful shop vac I have as it does vacuum the work piece down too. I couldn't deal with the loud shop vac, even from across the shop. Thought about getting the Festool or Fein vac.  but I'm not sure how loud one is on the higher power.. and not sure if the lower power would be enough. 

The Seyco system does help an awful lot.. but still get dust in my lap from spinning the wood on the table. I think the powerful vacuum I have is sucking the dust even off the top of the workpiece once I get a couple fret holes cut out, LOL as there isn't much left after cutting for several hours.  

Kevin, I already have a great dust collection setup that uses  my Festool vacuum at low speed and it is reasonably quiet. But with the multiple holes in the EX table the bottom nozzle is not as effective as the top. What I want to do is design a setup that I can connect to my existing nozzle and covers all of the holes from the bottom and not interfere with my blade change and clamps. 

While looking for this picture I found a design file that someone did for a Pegas .  It is made for the 2" port which I don't want but may give me a design start. 

Ex dust collection.jpg

Edited by Rolf

Regarding closing up the deck ports, they drove me crazy since I top feed and missed the correct hole and scratched up the deck. I filled them epoxy and that worked good but eventually the deck so scratched up any way that I purchased the white magnet sheets and cut to size. They come on a roll and I can get several out of that roll. It also solved the vacuum port holes also.

20200917_160000.jpg

20200917_155949.jpg

1 hour ago, munzieb said:

Regarding closing up the deck ports, they drove me crazy since I top feed and missed the correct hole and scratched up the deck. I filled them epoxy and that worked good but eventually the deck so scratched up any way that I purchased the white magnet sheets and cut to size. They come on a roll and I can get several out of that roll. It also solved the vacuum port holes also.

20200917_160000.jpg

20200917_155949.jpg

I look at the tables that most of you folks have on your Excalibur/Pegas saws and I'm amazed at the condition of the paint on them. I have two Ex saws from the green vintage and neither of them have any scratches like I've seen here. Are you folks doing that much more cutting that I am? I just can't believe what great shape mine are in compared to yours.

I found a copy of it on my computer so I must have downloaded it at the time. I want to modify the design so that instead of using the 2 inch port I will be able to fit the nozzle of my existing setup into it from the left side of the saw.  I don't have a 3d printer but our library does.  

Regarding the table, when mine gets to a point where it bothers me I will sand off the remaining finish and wax the plain metal. 

Edited by Rolf