My Pegas-21 -Setup and First Week's Use

Frank Pellow

2 hours ago, kmmcrafts said:

I suggest a hex socket rather than a hex wrench.. That guard was one of the first things I removed from mine as well.. LOL

Don't know if they have the size in this set that you need but just to show what I mean by Hex socket.. https://www.harborfreight.com/38-in-drive-metric-hex-socket-set-6-pc-69546.html

Thanks, I don't have a hex socket but I managed to jerry-rig one and it worked! 😀  The table came off, the guard came off, the table went back on and I am ready to attempt top feeding (after a break for dinner).

9 minutes ago, Frank Pellow said:

Thanks, I don't have a hex socket but I managed to jerry-rig one and it worked! 😀  The table came off, the guard came off, the table went back on and I am ready to attempt top feeding (after a break for dinner).

Atta Boy Frank, never say die. You're going to love that saw once you strip off the junk you don't need. 

• Frank Pellow changed the title to My Pegas-21 -Setup and First Week's Use

Well, I have now done some top feeding (about a dozen holes on different regions of the panel).

What do I think about it?

My short answer is: "It's a lot like snowboarding -I have learned how to snowboard and taken a few runs down steep hills -but it's strange to go down a hill standing sideways.  I will, most often, choose to ski down the hill facing forward."

So, I consider top feeding to be something in my bag of tricks, and will use it for holes located in the middle of large panels.

4 hours ago, Rolf said:

I did a lot of top feeding on my Hawk, after doing it for a while it became a reflex motion. faster than bottom feeding large projects.

I find it easier to bottom feed leaving the lower clamp intact and being able to see the top clamp for re-attachment. I tried top feeding and fought with not being able to see what I was doing with the bottom clamp.