New Pegas 30" is now operational.

I spent a few days getting my Pegas the way I wanted. Still shocked it only took 2 days to deliver from my order. I used a US General service cart as the base. (The red matches!) I added a power strip with USB plugs and a 25 foot cord.  This way I can move it around in the shop for some flexibility. 

s2.thumb.jpg.8b67e4061416db24dacbdd07cbc0959d.jpg

Here you can see it in position when I am recording live streams or other YT videos.  Most of my tools are in a semi-circle, so I only need to spin around on my stool.  My only negative right now is I have the magnifying glass/light connected to the cart (used to be on the wall), so I lose some cutting space.  I really do not want to go back to my old long arm (you can see it on my workbench) from the back as it bounces too much, but I will figure placement in the next week.
s1.thumb.jpg.3df46361b395685597054d2050dcd407.jpg

Other Shop Stuff: I put my old 10" WEN drill press back in operation and keep a pilot drill bit in it.  My larger drill press further back is for larger holes, barrel and mop sanding.  It sits to the left of my carving workbench. In this photo I have a whole bunch of toys needing to be profiled.  You can see the blue legs of my frankenrouter and barrel sander behind that near the silver overhead door.

I plumbed in the Pegas, to have not only the regular bottom vac, but also a top vac using loc-line.  It then gets combined at the back of the saw.  I can either hook up to the 10 foot 2.5" vacuum line at any port along the wall, or to my 4" dust handling line that I can roll out. Below is a closeup when I was plumbing everything in.  I did have my old magnetic sheet on for a while, as the glare from my shop lights reflected off the black surface of the cutting table.

I still have to get used to this saw.  I started with a #10, as I was drifting to the left with the thinner blades, and worked my way down in numbers (at #5 right now), figuring out what setup worked.  Every blade has a personality, as does the saw.  In the photo below you can see my old Excal before moving out of that spot and rearranging things.

s4.thumb.jpg.2efadf08e826a358750a3213aeb24689.jpg

18 minutes ago, Scrappile said:

Nice setup!  I really like the idea of the cart for the saw.  Gives some use to what is normally wasted space provided by a saw stand.

Thanks

Since I am in a garage, where I put my convertible, I need flexibility.  I pull the car out and have a lot of space for the weekend.  Also when I am doing videos, I want to be able to adjust things as needed.  Also, constantly evolving my workflow.  This gives me max flexibility.

2 hours ago, Denny Knappen said:

Very nice setup.  I wish you the best on the saw.  I only sold one so far and he really likes the saw.

Thanks.  I looked at your site, but it said out of stock.

US General has some magnetic accessories for the cart.  I just ordered the tool tray, which will be placed under the front of the saw, so I can have a couple of tools I use (pick and engineers square) and to catch pieces of wood dropping through), A paper towel dispenser, and a drink holder.

1 hour ago, rafairchild2 said:

US General has some magnetic accessories for the cart.  I just ordered the tool tray, which will be placed under the front of the saw, so I can have a couple of tools I use (pick and engineers square) and to catch pieces of wood dropping through), A paper towel dispenser, and a drink holder.

The saws are dropped shipped direct by Pegas, so I do not stock them.  Everything is done by email.

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Denny Knappen said:

The saws are dropped shipped direct by Pegas, so I do not stock them.  Everything is done by email.

I understand that.  But on your site, all of your saws are listed as ' out of stock, which to me means 'sold out'. That says you do not have any to sell. At that point, I went to Bearwoods. They drop shipped from NJ.

Edited by rafairchild2

3 hours ago, rafairchild2 said:

Hummm a place to hold the Whiskey!  I like it!

I was glad to see your post. I'm considering the 30" myself, but you know, I never thought of putting it on a service cart, that's a great idea!, As I too have a small shop and it would be wonderful to have the mobility.

Is it much heavier than the 24"?

I'm assuming the once you get it dialed in vibration isn't an issue.

Thanks for sharing.

Chris

1 hour ago, Hawk said:

I was glad to see your post. I'm considering the 30" myself, but you know, I never thought of putting it on a service cart, that's a great idea!, As I too have a small shop and it would be wonderful to have the mobility.

Is it much heavier than the 24"?

I'm assuming the once you get it dialed in vibration isn't an issue.

Thanks for sharing.

Chris

The 30" weighs 120 lbs.  Not sure how much more than a 24".

I did not install the handles on the cart.  I also used shorter bolts where the handles would have been. But yes, the mobility is a plus for sure.