"Fish" Pattern

Scrappile

I just finished cutting this this evening.  It is the "Navajo Medicine Man" pattern done by "Fish" (Dan).  Thank you Dan, this and your other patterns are great!  I haven't completed sanding and framing this because I want to come up with a frame that has some Native American patterns on it.  I ahve down loaded all the NA patterns I could fine here and I hope to so a series of them. 

Critiques are welcome.  That is how I learn and improve.

post-22608-0-56161200-1408154302_thumb.jpg

Very nice work. I am new to the hobby wish people would state blade used and wood.

sure would help us new people alot. Thanks

Well I am pretty new at this also, so I'm not sure I'm using the correct items.  This was done with 1/4" baltic birch.  I used a Flying Duchman FD-TC No. 3 blade for 98% of the cutting.  I attempted using a spiral blade (FD-NS No. 3/0) for a couple cuts then broke the blade.  It was the first time I have tried a spiral blade.  I will try one again soon. 

Edited by Scrappile

Very nice work. I am new to the hobby wish people would state blade used and wood.

sure would help us new people alot. Thanks

New Guy Al, I will try and do as you requested. My problem is I usually pick blades to cut with

by width & thickness, ie:   .026 x .011...etc and not by their number. When I post a cutting, I will

describe as best I can.

I like your request.

Al  that would be scroll saw blades and tree wood, :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Just funnin with you! Lots of times i forget to add pertinent info for those inquisitive minds .I used to do it out of habit regularly, But got out of the habit somehow. Glad you brought it up ,I'll try to remember to do this for ypu and the rest .I enjoy knowing this stuff to on other peoples work.Thanks for asking! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: