EX 30 Excalibur

summertime

Hi , the top arm on my EX 30 wont stay up when I lift it like it used to do, saw still works, I have not moved the tension knob. I try to keep the gap at the back of the arm the same as the front to minimise the front to back movement of the blade. Anyone got any Idea what has gone wrong or moved? 

ROY Manchester UK

Check your manual.  At the back on the left hand side as you are sitting in front of it you will find a bolt sticking out which has a screwdriver slot in it and a nut which holds the bolt in place - loosen the nut, give the bolt a quarter turn, tighten the nut and test the adjustment to see if it needs tightened more or whether it is too tight.  I am assuming the 30 has the same arm tension adjustment as the 21 but I am away from my saw and manual so am just relating what I do on the 21.  It is a friction type of thing so over time it naturally has some wear and will not hold the arm up as well.

Edited by Doug

Hey Roy. There is a screw that needs some attention on the left hand rear panel. It only needs to be tightened slightly. I don't have the full details right now, but if you send me a message directly, stating your email address, I'll send you the EX 30 user manual.

Hope this helps.

Kindest Regards,

Nick - Bridlington (East Riding of Yorkshire)

Love Manchester by the way...especially over the Snake Pass to Glossop.

Edited by Nick@tinkers-cove